Wow!! Creation Con Gold Passes

• Thread starter Robbie_Rocket_Pants
  • Start date
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

There are alot of awesome people attending that convention aswell - including some of my favs being JF & Chris Judge........... I may have to get my passport sorted out & buy a ticket. :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Of all of the SGA cast who are missing, Jason is the one I would want to meet (not so much Rachel but would defo like to throw one up her). Of the SG-1 cast I am happy with the line-up. As for the SGU line-up I am also happy as Greer is one of the only characters in SGU I actually like (during season 2) so I am happy with Jamil Walker being there - I just wish that he hadn't been in SGU to be there as that makes him a lesser being by association.

Inara

GateFans Noob
I wonder who's sponsoring these tickets.. and more importantly, Why??? Stargate is dead.. Long live Stargate?

I would bet Creation is giving the ticket to GW as a prize to get free promotion for their convention. Gold passes are expensive as the name implies, but the majority of the cost is for pics and autographs, plus you get to sit up front. The "free" chair doesn't cost Creation more than any other chair in the room, and I'd speculate that they only have to pay actual physical costs, such as the prints of the photos as part of their deal with the actors and whoever does the pics. Some cons do those in-house anyway.

Creation may be seeing this as the last big "Stargate only" convention at its former home base of Vancouver, with a potential for less interest without a series on the air. Many of the actors will still be in the area for other work, which lowers the cost for Creation to get them there for future cons, but a draw of previous ones in Vancouver was a tour of the sets. They can't exactly do that now, can they? :rolleyes: Wait... could con reports from the last one confirm if any sets other than SGU's were standing?

The actors will still continue to appear at various cons, but I doubt we'll see as many from the Stargate-verse at one con as we have in the past.

SerenityS

GateFans Member
I would bet Creation is giving the ticket to GW as a prize to get free promotion for their convention. Gold passes are expensive as the name implies, but the majority of the cost is for pics and autographs, plus you get to sit up front. The "free" chair doesn't cost Creation more than any other chair in the room, and I'd speculate that they only have to pay actual physical costs, such as the prints of the photos as part of their deal with the actors and whoever does the pics. Some cons do those in-house anyway.

Creation may be seeing this as the last big "Stargate only" convention at its former home base of Vancouver, with a potential for less interest without a series on the air. Many of the actors will still be in the area for other work, which lowers the cost for Creation to get them there for future cons, but a draw of previous ones in Vancouver was a tour of the sets. They can't exactly do that now, can they? :rolleyes: Wait... could con reports from the last one confirm if any sets other than SGU's were standing?

The actors will still continue to appear at various cons, but I doubt we'll see as many from the Stargate-verse at one con as we have in the past.

Creation didn't offer the set tours last year due to construction of new sets, they had to scramble to offer people something because they'd already paid. This year's tours are still "on" as of today, with the following message on their site:

2) Complimentary Set Tour Visit (including roundtrip transportation from the hotel lobby) to BRIDGE STUDIOS for the exclusive narrated Stargate set visits These occur Saturday morning prior to the conveniton getting into full swing. Note: the producers have advised us that we get to do the set visits if the sets are standing at the time of our convention which has been the case every year but the last. We fully expect these to happen again in 2011 but if these do not occur patrons will have a number of options, including refunds, so don't worry!

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Why oh why didn't I join GW instead of this place!

Why did I join this site? Because Gate World sucks the flies off of a donkey's sweaty balls, that's why! :joy:

Sounds like a good line up with the exception of the "mastermind" turd in the punch bowl. :bradcry:

I don't expect anyone to get too out of hand but I'd love it if someone(s) asked BW some very pointed questions about his beloved SGU and why he's such a ******* about it. Can't wait for the reports from our very own contingent.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Damn west coast hippies

Too bad these things don't happen in Toronto. I'm sure B. Wrong will catch some flak. After all it's as plain as a floating turd in a swimming pool what happened.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Creation didn't offer the set tours last year due to construction of new sets, they had to scramble to offer people something because they'd already paid. This year's tours are still "on" as of today, with the following message on their site:

2) Complimentary Set Tour Visit (including roundtrip transportation from the hotel lobby) to BRIDGE STUDIOS for the exclusive narrated Stargate set visits These occur Saturday morning prior to the conveniton getting into full swing. Note: the producers have advised us that we get to do the set visits if the sets are standing at the time of our convention which has been the case every year but the last. We fully expect these to happen again in 2011 but if these do not occur patrons will have a number of options, including refunds, so don't worry!

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

I was vaguely recalling some folks mentioning not being able to go on the set tour last year, but I couldn't remember the reason why.

The availability will probably depend on how long the contract for the space with Bridge Studios lasts. This is for mid-April, and we're just at the start of February. If there was a new season of SGU, it would start in filming in April, right? If so, the contract might be up for renewal about that time.

Sounds like everyone's packed up their offices there, so the sets are about the only thing left. Bridge Studios might rather let them out of the contract in order to clear our those sets so another project could be there to pick up the rent. Just depends on whether the dead horse stays dead, or if they manage to get a movie or some new Stargate variant to use the set space.

P

phronsie

Awesome names attending to con.

On the positive side, Greer ain't the worst of SGU..

Do you think that's why he's the only one? Not sure how it all works, but might he have been the only one asked b/c his character is generally held in favor and is one of the less controversial? I suppose RC is also generally liked, but I get the feeling he "couldn't be arsed." Or maybe none of the others could face the shame or potential brouhaha around their failure of a series at a convention?

On a side note, I hope RC's next role will save him from looking so totally like a completely burned out wasted homeless druggie!

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
RC

Do you think that's why he's the only one? Not sure how it all works, but might he have been the only one asked b/c his character is generally held in favor and is one of the less controversial? I suppose RC is also generally liked, but I get the feeling he "couldn't be arsed." Or maybe none of the others could face the shame or potential brouhaha around their failure of a series at a convention?

On a side note, I hope RC's next role will save him from looking so totally like a completely burned out wasted homeless druggie!

He always looks like a homeless druggie!

Tropicana

Council Member
I was reading through the comments on GW's "bulletin".

I'm surprised there isn't more of the squeedrones' BS. Where are their snappy comebacks? Their "one line wonders"? Not even bothering to spin this and turn this into a pro-SGU news.

Like life, businesses know what sells and what doesn't, in this case, it's always good to see that Creation Con had seen the light and considers SG-1/SGA lineup more welcoming and profitable than SGU.

Oh I am aware that Jamil Walker Smith is there, but honestly can you say he is a complete jerk? No, I wouldn't say so and it should be sufficient to please the few 20 individuals or so that will bother to show up for SGU.

Vast majority, like 99% of the ticket attendees would be going to see SG-1 and SGA and I suspect, BW would be an unexpected hit. By "hit", I mean attendees giving him verbal lashings and the throwing of shoes, fruits and vegs.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I was reading through the comments on GW's "bulletin".

I'm surprised there isn't more of the squeedrones' BS. Where are their snappy comebacks? Their "one line wonders"? Not even bothering to spin this and turn this into a pro-SGU news.

Like life, businesses know what sells and what doesn't, in this case, it's always good to see that Creation Con had seen the light and considers SG-1/SGA lineup more welcoming and profitable than SGU.

Oh I am aware that Jamil Walker Smith is there, but honestly can you say he is a complete jerk? No, I wouldn't say so and it should be sufficient to please the few 20 individuals or so that will bother to show up for SGU.

Vast majority, like 99% of the ticket attendees would be going to to see SG-1 and SGA and I suspect, BW would be an unexpected hit. By "hit", I mean attendees giving him verbal lashings and the throwing of shoes, fruits and vegs.

Oh is BW gonna sit in on the sga panel :joy:shit >> fan!

I wonder if Comic Con is where BW will anounce what is happening next? it would be a platform to speak from, relatively protected (i think the q's are screened?) plenty of press/magazines etc there.
Id laugh my ass of if he announced an sgu movie and was met with complete silence.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Brad would probably want to "pass the plate" to raise money for SGU's production. ;)

The man can be pretty oblivious to what's right in front of him. At one of the early Vancouver cons, I recall reports of him onstage touting how great the show was doing in the "preferred demographic" of young males... in front of an audience that was over half female.

Tropicana

Council Member
Brad would probably want to "pass the plate" to raise money for SGU's production. ;)

The man can be pretty oblivious to what's right in front of him. At one of the early Vancouver cons, I recall reports of him onstage touting how great the show was doing in the "preferred demographic" of young males... in front of an audience that was over half female.
There's a popular tagline here in the UK that seems appropriate -- "Should've gone to Specsavers".