Wornout 13 - final season

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
This show never really did anything for me. I've caught episodes here and there whenever I was channel surfing and there was nothing else on TV. It didn't suck per se but it never really kept me glued, either.

However, this final season seems like they're just phoning it in with episodes like getting sucked into an old mystery book and actors showcasing their singing talents. If there's one thing I hate is when actors use a show to showcase their singing talents.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree completely. This show fails to inspire and I've actually taken to skipping it because it's just too cartoonish and dumb. And when I invariably do watch an entire episode, like tonight for example, I find it underwhelming and just plain lame. Don't even get me going about how they were able to drive cars in a lava flow -- cars where the tires didn't immediately pop or the gas tanks explode even though they were submerged in molten lava. :rolleye0014:

And the acting is just so piss poor also. I mean, I like Eddie McClintock (sp?) but his "Pete the buffoon" schtick is really, really stale and over acted. Plus their constant talking about a supposedly gay character whom we've never seen do anything gay is insulting because it's so forced. I'm not talking about gratuitous sex here, I'm talking about just having the characters in question actually show some emotion and affection when together.

So Jinx meets up with his ex (that he supposedly never said goodbye to when they broke up) and not once during the episode did they even hug. There was zero affection shown by either of them. They ended the show by telling us that Jinx and his ex had "goodbye sex", which means nothing as we never were shown that they even cared for each other to begin with. In short -- who cares? :rolleyes:

When this show goes off for good I won't miss it.

*There was one good laugh when Claudia wrote that note for Artie saying "Please don't make me stab you again".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG...never heard of it. :daniel01:

"final season"? How many are there?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We're discussing Warehouse 13 and how it's tired and worn out. :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I stopped watching it months ago. Sometime back in 2012. Not sure why, it just got boring to me.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I stopped watching it months ago. Sometime back in 2012. Not sure why, it just got boring to me.

Yup, it got boring and remains boring. It's like the writers try too hard to get us to like the characters and relate to them. I think for characters to become beloved by fans it needs to be organic, not something forced like this show attempts.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
In spite of not warming up to this show, I didn't mind when they did the Wornout 13 and Eureka crossover. Eureka's involvement piqued my interest in that show for a moment but it wore off rather quickly when I tuned in to watch an episode.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
In spite of not warming up to this show, I didn't mind when they did the Wornout 13 and Eureka crossover. Eureka's involvement piqued my interest in that show for a moment but it wore off rather quickly when I tuned in to watch an episode.

The problem I had with the crossover was that Eureka is science based and Wornout 13 is magic based.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Eh.

Warehouse 13 definitely had its run and its time to stop. However it also had a fair number of nice episodes before they brought in Jinx and tried also to "darken" the show. It was at its best when they just let it be a dramedy and focused on Pete. Myka, Artie and Claudia. It was inevitable the show would run out of steam - artifact hunting can only take you so far. But as usual SyFy execs started playing with the formula and managed to dilute it - that network has a bad track record of meddling with shows.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
This show never really did anything for me. I've caught episodes here and there whenever I was channel surfing and there was nothing else on TV. It didn't suck per se but it never really kept me glued, either.

However, this final season seems like they're just phoning it in with episodes like getting sucked into an old mystery book and actors showcasing their singing talents. If there's one thing I hate is when actors use a show to showcase their singing talents.

This is not the final season. This is the second half of the penultimate season. The final season will consist of six episodes that will probably air in 2014.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
This is not the final season. This is the second half of the penultimate season. The final season will consist of six episodes that will probably air in 2014.

Might as well be the final season, bad as it is.