When Did "True Blood" Go All Wahoonie Shaped For You? (May Contain Spoilers)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I enjoyed the start of the series, but over time, I became more than a little irritated at some of the directions Alan Ball has taken the series.

When Lafayette survived the first season, I was a bit shocked. The character of Tara was so NOT was she was in the series of books, and I find her character to be more than a little coarse and annoying. African American with attitude has been done over and over and over...ad nauseum. She's the whipping boy of the entire series: she is doomed to never find happiness. Even Alan Ball, in interviews over the past four seasons has suggested that this is true.

Now we have Lafayette as some kind of demon-faced medium (nothing says that he lost that ability once Marnie was quite literally dragged out of him), the suggestion of zombies in the next season, evil goblin-fairies (so NOT in the books), and more.

The way Alan Ball has taken this series, it's a shocker that any of the residents of Bon Temps still choose to live there. I'm sorry, but if my apartment building turned into the equivalent of Bon Temps (the Altar of Zul?) I'd be looking for somewhere else to live.

There are many times when I've considered abandoning the series entirely, much as I did Six Feet Under, Big Love and Weeds. I'm very near that point with Dexter.

I can only take so much more of this before I snap.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I quit Dexter a while back, the novelty wore off. Hey, you should try One Piece, it's great if you stick with it.

I can't find anything decent to watch these days. Only watch Supernatural, Fringe, and One Piece.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I quit Dexter a while back, the novelty wore off. Hey, you should try One Piece, it's great if you stick with it.

I can't find anything decent to watch these days. Only watch Supernatural, Fringe, and One Piece.

Nooooo! Say it ain't so, mzzz! :(

G

Graybrew1

You might like Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy. ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This may end up being the last season of Dexter, as Michael C Hall's contract ends with this season. I think it would be good to end it now, as I think they've pretty much done it to death (no pun intended).

I tried to like Breaking Bad, and I just couldn't. I've only watched a couple Sons of Anarchy, however.

Yes, I do love One Piece, and just watched the latest episode of Hellsing Ultimate (it took for-freaking-EVER for it to come out).

And this is the way I feel about my nakama here on Gatefans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2Jt9pNewo

G

Graybrew1

This may end up being the last season of Dexter, as Michael C Hall's contract ends with this season. I think it would be good to end it now, as I think they've pretty much done it to death (no pun intended).

I tried to like Breaking Bad, and I just couldn't. I've only watched a couple Sons of Anarchy, however.

Yes, I do love One Piece, and just watched the latest episode of Hellsing Ultimate (it took for-freaking-EVER for it to come out).

And this is the way I feel about my nakama here on Gatefans...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2Jt9pNewo

Awwww, that is too sweet. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Alan Ball always goes off the rails if given enough time. I quit watching Six Feet Under because the characters and their bizarre motivations got tedious. Not surprising that True Blood has gotten tedious, not surprising at all.

G

Graybrew1

I hope they can bring it back on track next season. I very much enjoyed TB. :)