What shows do you find rewatchable?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
:welcomewagon:

Please introduce yourself! How did you find out little corner of reality?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Please do to like, as you find it, Space Island one

an old show that I do like to watch more and again

Interesting flavor of a show. Never heard of it before now! You need an avatar. :) Welcome to GateFans!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I started a rewatch of Jeremiah about a week or so ago - I'm taking it fairly slow. If you want to know about the show I did a thread on it here:

https://www.gatefans.net/gforums/threads/jeremiah-a-different-post-apocalyptic-show.26276/

Basically to me it is one of the very few examples of post apocalyptic done correctly. The tone is pitch perfect and the writing and acting are good.

I really need to rewatch that one again. I liked it, but I think I got distracted because of other things which were going on in my life when it was on. And yeah, it was post-apocalyptic done right.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What I liked was it was more about recovering and rebuilding than about the usual morose “collapse into chaos” bit.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
JEREMIAH was a show with a lot of potential! s1 was awesome then s2..... :(

to me it seemed as if they shared sets with SG1 especially with the Thunder mtn conference room / Gen Hammond's conference room

both shows started on showtime right? i wonder if they had the same production companies- maybe they did share sets?

what was it, SHOWTIME or whatever network it was on, pulled the plug and caused the rush job to finish it up in S2.

another show of this type was JERICHO. S1 was so well made and it could have become a very good show in future seasons, but nope. S2 came along and it was K-RAP

first time i ever saw anything with Lennie James (Morgan in TWD and FTWD) in it. He is such a good actor, imo

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually both seasons were good, and it was J Michael Straczynski who ended it after season two as he felt he had told all the story he wanted told.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually both seasons were good, and it was J Michael Straczynski who ended it after season two as he felt he had told all the story he wanted told.

yeah s2 was good, it just seemed rushed. there was a lot more story that could have been told

and seems budgets were an issue to

we kept hearing how big and bad Daniels army was only to see, if i remember right, a bunch of people with rifles walking across afield

kind of took the bad ass out of Daniel

also, unanswered issues

was it in s1 when that group of pilgrims to the coast disappeared. did we ever get an explantion?

and that's a no-go on j Mike Strac

he planned a longer run (because he is good at pre planning ala babylon 5)

from wiki:
Straczynski had prepared a five-year series. But a change in personnel in Showtime's administration caused the network to decide to stop producing science fiction programming and unofficially cancel Jeremiah before the second season had its debut in November 2003. Fans realized the possibility of cancellation when Showtime announced the airing of only the first seven out of fifteen episodes of the second season, and organized a campaign to write and phone executives at Showtime, MGM and Platinum Studios to convince them to show the remaining eight and continue with a third season. Ultimately, the network began airing the remaining of the second season starting on September 3, 2004 - after a ten-month break since the last aired episode - but despite continuously rising ratings did not proceed with the renewal of the show.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
is that the british law and order one?
nope it was a short series that had the character Lenny Brisco played by fan fave Jerry Orbach join the DA's investigation squad. Sadly Jerry died at only 2 eps in. And he was looking very ill in those. :( Also had Julia Louis-dreyfus and Fred Thompson. It was good.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find out little corner of reality?

Sorry for my time respond

I have been enjoy playing the trivia!

I did a search for fan groups of stargate

I put in to find star gatefans. i forgot a space so your site is number 1 search finding

a happy mistake

my name is Aahan Chadgupta Jones, yes maybe strange name? my mother was nurse student from India in Hamburg and my father was British Army. my mother named me this after my
father left her and i came in the sunrise. Aahan means sun up in Hindi

i live in Koln Germany and I work in the agronomy. I work for a baumfarm where we grow trees for export wood. i specialing in the pawlonia tree

i recently came back from ukraina where i was assist in making a project there

so maybe i find some new place to talk here?

nope it was a short series that had the character Lenny Brisco played by fan fave Jerry Orbach join the DA's investigation squad. Sadly Jerry died at only 2 eps in. And he was looking very ill in those. :( Also had Julia Louis-dreyfus and Fred Thompson. It was good.

Tatort is best German police tv. on broadcast since 1970!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Sorry for my time respond

I have been enjoy playing the trivia!

I did a search for fan groups of stargate

I put in to find star gatefans. i forgot a space so your site is number 1 search finding

a happy mistake

my name is Aahan Chadgupta Jones, yes maybe strange name? my mother was nurse student from India in Hamburg and my father was British Army. my mother named me this after my
father left her and i came in the sunrise. Aahan means sun up in Hindi

i live in Koln Germany and I work in the agronomy. I work for a baumfarm where we grow trees for export wood. i specialing in the pawlonia tree

i recently came back from ukraina where i was assist in making a project there

so maybe i find some new place to talk here?
So you're a fan of Stargate then Aahan? What part of Stargate do you find most appealing?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the trivia.

So you're a fan of Stargate then Aahan? What part of Stargate do you find most appealing?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the trivia.

thank you much my friend

my best stargate is for the show sg-1

i also liked atlantis i did not so much the universe

to me the universe was like another story, not like sg1 or atlantis

i dont know how to explain with the right words. it sucked is maybe right? it was not all bad, i did much enjoy dr nicholas rush and the other people who worked with him, maybe that is all i liked

for me, the sg-1 never gets tired

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
is there a way to get a avatar from this website?

Yes. Just click your name in the menu at the top, then click the place where there is no avattar. You can then upload the avatar and that's it. :)