heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I remember that originally you were not sold on the most recent film. I gather your opinion has changed? I liked it overall.

The series does not appear to have Riddick per se but is instead about the "mercs" in the Riddick universe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I remember that originally you were not sold on the most recent film. I gather your opinion has changed? I liked it overall.

The series does not appear to have Riddick per se but is instead about the "mercs" in the Riddick universe.
I changed my mind.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I think we discussed it in more detail somewhere in the forum. For example, they got rid of the Necromongers in about 5 minutes flat. And while I liked them in the second film it was also clear they had to go if there was even to BE a third film per se, as no mercs or other such would go after Riddick while he was Lord Marshal. After that it was very much a "back to basics" film.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think we discussed it in more detail somewhere in the forum. For example, they got rid of the Necromongers in about 5 minutes flat. And while I liked them in the second film it was also clear they had to go if there was even to BE a third film per se, as no mercs or other such would go after Riddick while he was Lord Marshal. After that it was very much a "back to basics" film.

That is why I liked the second film I think. :) They took the "epic" element out of it and made Riddick a dark hero instead of a Saver of the Galaxy type. I found that I could enjoy it a lot better than the first time I watched it (after rewatching the first film immediately before it). My recent rewatch was an entertaining movie which gave some more depth to the Rioddick character. They need to keep him as a lone army of one and play that up. He is the New Rambo in Space. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually the Riddick films are:

Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick
Riddick - this is the most recent one

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually the Riddick films are:

Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick
Riddick - this is the most recent one

True...I was not counting Pitch Black, but you are correct. I have all three of them. I was just meh about Pitch Black, and I liked the Chronicles of Riddick until I rewatched it. Then, I thought it was way over the top and that they overdid Riddick and his abilities based upon what I was seeing in the film. The last film balanced out the character IMO. They need to keep his foes down to gangs, perhaps a cartel or group of bad guys. But pitting him against whole races and planets as a one man weapon? Please dont!