Vagrant Queen

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
the female leads bio... she is one of those kids that just piss of those parents who pay for years of higher ed just to have their kids NOT do a damn thing with the degrees

she is certified lab scientist and physicians assistant, about 8-9 yrs of school--- gave it all up to be a B rate actress... 'Murica! land of the stupid :)

the show does sound a bit like KILLJOYS though... maybe a little DARK MATTER too?

Adriyan Rae was born on October 7th in Seaford, Delaware. When Adriyan went to college she did so in Philadelphia at the University of the Sciences double majoring in Physician Assistant Studies and Medical Laboratory Science. After finishing both degrees and becoming a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist; Adriyan moved to Atlanta where she found her love for acting and started her career in the independent feature, Burning Sands (produced by Netflix). You can now catch her in Emmy nominated and winning shows like Donald Glover's Atlanta, BET's American Soul, and Hulu's Light as a Feather. She has been announced to be the new star of SyFy channel's Vagrant Queen. Leading the intergalactic series that is to be released in 2020. Adriyan is also a recording artist mentored vocally by the Grammy award winning, Mr. Michael Keith of the legendary R&B group 112. Adriyan resides in Los Angeles, California.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's like someone took Star Wars and made it all "modern".

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Watching the first episode now. Getting a bit of a Claudia-vibe from the main character.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
@Quetesh noted that it has Guardians of the Galaxy influences as well. I can definitely see that. Especially with the karaoke scene in episode 2. Guess it's like Star Wars meets Guardians of the Galaxy plus a lot of cheese.

SciphonicStranger

There's also a bit of a Farscape thread in this with the Isaac character coming from Earth. But he's no John Crichton so far.

SciphonicStranger

SyFy moved this show to 11pm on Thursday nights in the Eastern Time zone. I'm guessing its days are numbered.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I haven't gotten back to it since I watched the first three episodes. Did it get any better?