Torchwood?

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
What do you thionk of that Doctor Who spinoff? I have mixed feelings about it, there are some great episodes, but some of them are just shit or don't make much sense. Like Owen is supposed to be dead/alive, and he is shown in one episode mot to be able to do a mouth to mouth resuerrection, but how the hell does he talk if he has no breath and why can I see him breathe? I presumed he can breathe but that revelation is just nonsense, I mean c'mon, how do you explain this? obviously he cannot get enough breath or cannot do it or what? Bah...

Also when I showed SGU to someone he said it looked like torchwood, now I kinda know what he means.

But still SGU is far shittier than torchwood ever was at its worst episodes I guess.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

What do you thionk of that Doctor Who spinoff? I have mixed feelings about it, there are some great episodes, but some of them are just shit or don't make much sense. Like Owen is supposed to be dead/alive, and he is shown in one episode mot to be able to do a mouth to mouth resuerrection, but how the hell does he talk if he has no breath and why can I see him breathe? I presumed he can breathe but that revelation is just nonsense, I mean c'mon, how do you explain this? obviously he cannot get enough breath or cannot do it or what? Bah...

Also when I showed SGU to someone he said it looked like torchwood, now I kinda know what he means.

But still SGU is far shittier than torchwood ever was at its worst episodes I guess.

There's already a dedicated thread to this show. Just to let you know.

http://forums.sgusucks.com/showthread.php/1141-Torchwood?daysprune=-1

Tropicana

Council Member
TheNewWorldtitles.jpg

Well I can't wait for the next chapter of TW - "The New World". For me, TW is like a really greasy Döner kebab after a night out. It's a nice filler, simplistic with characters I personally find amusing and sometimes heroic. Though earlier seasons had some questionable content but I found it had some potential as cheap fantasy. I'm sure if BBC Wales had the same budget as SGU, both DW and TW would be totally out of this world.

Anyway, I love Rhys, he just goes along with whatever Gwen does because he loves her and if he attempts to understand what on earth is going on, he will get lost; but what I love about him the most is, he may not have the technical know how but, at least he tries and he's so down to earth.

I also love Gwen too, there's something so awesome about her, a normal noobish policewoman patrolling then next, she is this heroine who looks so sexy and amazing and dedicated to her job. If I was straight, I would love to have GF like her.

GwenRhysTorchwood.jpg

The other character is Ianto Jones, the tea boy (boy is he ever so cute!); most girls and gay guys including myself were crushed that he died, lol. I remember his last scene well, dying in Jack's arms, Jack promises him that he will never forget Ianto. How romantic was that?

jackandianto-thumb-467x700-46615.jpg

Chucknician

GateFans Noob

I disagree I really don’t think Torchwood can be compared in any shape size of form to SGU:icon_e_confused:. Yes there have been some hit and miss eps but overall Torchwood is Quality with a capital Q.

I remember sitting there for the whole week gripped by Children of Earth couldn’t wait for BBC 9pm each day. And when it was over the phone was red-hot chatting with friends and family about what had just happened.:joy:

Gotta say that I love the BBC for no ads it just so nice to sit down and watch TV uninterupted. Recently rewatch and sky + TW Children of Earth on Watch, which does have ads and it dose make hell of alot defference.

I don’t like Russell T Davies that much because I think there are loads of Dr Who eps he just plain ruined and some Torchwood ones as well. BUT by christ did he redeem himself with that mini series so praise whereas its due. Just wish it had been at that level all the time. Cant wait for the next chapter, oh did I cry at the end Children of Earth or what, poor Cpt Jack what a choice to have to make.:(