Torchwood: Miracle Day News/Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I hope you enjoy Torchwood.

To me the show just did not work. Way too dark, unlikeable characters and (especially in Season 1) too much sexual content of a soapy nature. Plus I hated what they did to the character of Captain Jack in Torchwood versus his character in Doctor Who. Basically Jack in Who had a lighter side and displayed a good deal of nobility. He also had the "charming rogue" component going for him. In Torchwood he is way too grim and dark, and frequently acts like a martinet.

There are good reasons Torchwood pretty much died out after season 2 (remember even Children of Earth only got made because RTD was able to cash in chips he had from reviving Who). After the soapy Season 1 BBC did clamp down on RTD and make him write the characters to be a little more likeable. He did, but it ultimately was not enough as they then proceeded to kill off most of the team.

I guess I am just tired of "dark and moody" in my SciFi.

Tropicana

Council Member
Still no word on when BBC will air TW: Miracle Day. The feeling I get is, Starz will be airing this first before the BBC does. (BOOOO!)

Anyway, July 8th - not long now! :D

For any audio-drama lovers out there, BBC Radio 4 will be airing 3 new Torchwood audio-dramas entitled, "The Lost Files: The Devil & Miss Carew", "The Lost Files: Submission" and "The Lost Files: House of the Dead". Since this is an audio-drama, I hope Barrowman, Myles and David-Lloyd are back! :D

The stories take place between S2 and S3 and will be broadcasted on July 11, 12 and 13 respectively during "The Afternoon Play" segment between 14:15 - 15:00, BST (GMT+1).