Top Ten SciFi series list

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Some guy has publsihed his top ten list of science fiction tv series and SG1 and SGA BOTH make the list...no mention of sgpoo though. http://www.suite101.com/content/top-10-space-based-sci-fi-series-a281824 the date on the list was september 5, 2010....the squeedrones hadn't discovered it yet.... so i thought I would post it here for the lurkers.....now let their whining begin! :sgufan:

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
It is curious how Firefly is never missed on these types of lists. It had one season and it only consisted of 14 episodes. It spawned a major motion picture. I agree with all of the other entries as well but I think Firefly should be higher on the list.

Atlantis should have gone on for another five seasons but Cooper allowed other things to happen to the series.

Farscape is also an excellent choice.

But star trek has one of the most massive fan bases of all science fiction and television in general. I can't feel sorry for shows that have been incredibly successful. The reason I no longer care that Atlantis was cancelled is because tptb were going to turn it into something it wasn't. This is evident in what they did with the finale. One huge honkin space battle was done when we attacked the Asurans. We should have had a finale like the one in SG1 something with imagination.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Have to say that I would not put them in that order and would change BSG for the original series as it was much better than that crappy remake.

Yeah I'll agree with all of the shows on there but I also have to disagree with the order - there doesn't seem to be any.................. order to it.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Have to say that I would not put them in that order and would change BSG for the original series as it was much better than that crappy remake.
see this is why I love ya piggie...you have excellent taste! ;) the original BSG was one of our faves. it was the first series we bought on dvd...we have this box with an old-style cylon head on it and everything! ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I have recently bought the entire series in a box set from Amazon and am working my way through it. Must try and get hold of Galactica 80 next :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not contaminate your mind with that horrible show! :P:P :puke:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I agree...dont bother with BSG 80!

I have recently bought the entire series in a box set from Amazon and am working my way through it. Must try and get hold of Galactica 80 next :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do not contaminate your mind with that horrible show! :P:P :puke:

BSG (the original) was what Star Wars would have been if it was a series, but it was a better story because it didnt have the cheesy drama going on. Also, the second series (BSG 80) didnt have the best characters in it and the storytelling was lame. The original BSG was great, however!

That list was a good list! I would love to see a best soap opera list, and see SGU on it, but it is horrible even as a soap opera! I would rather watch General Hospital than watch SGU!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

But, but, but...........I liked it, it had real potential and was cut down in it's prime and............I am just yanking your chains :icon_twisted: :D

I actually quite like BSG 1980.............. sorry :icon_e_confused:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I put it down to your youth and naivete robbie! ;)

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
But.. But... RAC80, I was Young and impressionable, when Original BSG came on. The only Sci-Fi type of shows were Star Trek, BSG, V, Blake 7, Dr. Who, Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman. Since I was born and Raised in SE Asia, We only got the seasons a few years after they were Premiered. Cheesy as they may be, They will allways hold special memories.

Other Favorites from that Era (and Completely Off Topic):

The Big Balley
Bonanza
Checkmate
Adam-12
Hawaii 5-0
Canon
Police Woman
McMillan & Wife
Charlie's Angels
Perry Mason
Columbo
Police Story
Crown Court (This is a British Judicial System show)
Rich Man Poor Man
Odd Couple

And some great Britcoms:
Only When I laugh
Are You Being Served
To the Manor Born
Mind you language
Doctor In the House/ At Sea
Romany Jones
Some Mothers do 'Ave 'Em

Good Times.. A time when life was so much less complicated.

And..
sgusuckssign.gif
still sucks

I still watch Columbo on sundays now. I also confess to watching TJ Hooker this week on Fiver (uk)