tokra

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So the good snakes... why can't they have more symbiotic offspring? is it genetic corruption or so other issue?

if no more worms, they why dont they have 'human' children? The children would have all the genetic memory of the tokra and there would be no need to recruit willing or "last chance" hosts.

And why are they always running around in rough hewn nearly caveman like costumes? Ppl of that kind of tech level cant get better clothing?

On Egeria-the first TokRa. I am liking the idea that her host could have been an ancient. Perhaps is so, it was her hosts ancient abilities of mind and body that allowed her to sway her symbiote into revolt. That and the fact that the actual Egeria is an ancient Roman god. The ancients of sg speak a language near to ancient latin--just another connection. It sure would make the story a bit more "meatier" and interesting

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
There was an episode where they find the Tok'ra queen imprisoned by some ignorant human world. Shooting blanks as far as the worms go, and which they needed to pass on that genetic knowledge.

B

Backstep

So the good snakes... why can't they have more symbiotic offspring? is it genetic corruption or so other issue?

if no more worms, they why dont they have 'human' children? The children would have all the genetic memory of the tokra and there would be no need to recruit willing or "last chance" hosts.

And why are they always running around in rough hewn nearly caveman like costumes? Ppl of that kind of tech level cant get better clothing?

On Egeria-the first TokRa. I am liking the idea that her host could have been an ancient. Perhaps is so, it was her hosts ancient abilities of mind and body that allowed her to sway her symbiote into revolt. That and the fact that the actual Egeria is an ancient Roman god. The ancients of sg speak a language near to ancient latin--just another connection. It sure would make the story a bit more "meatier" and interesting

Even a matting between TokRa would produce a Harcesis child.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Tok'ra KREE!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Oh God, please no, not another reason for Daniel Jackson to get all zen and introspective on us. :facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

my point exactly..since they are tokra, then TPTB could have easily made excuses for its allowance as they excused all the other actions of tokra existence.

and yes, i think the daniel jackson character got old quick. i was glad to see him go in favor of jonas quinn. Also did getting jackson back mean that dr frasier had to die? (to allow for Shank's wife girlfriend to have a role? if so, i do not think shanks is that good of an actor. if so, then deals of this type by syfy--by that time running sg1 as the network-was a harbinger of more bad decisions to come)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
my point exactly..since they are tokra, then TPTB could have easily made excuses for its allowance as they excused all the other actions of tokra existence.

and yes, i think the daniel jackson character got old quick. i was glad to see him go in favor of jonas quinn. Also did getting jackson back mean that dr frasier had to die? (to allow for Shank's wife girlfriend to have a role? if so, i do not think shanks is that good of an actor. if so, then deals of this type by syfy--by that time running sg1 as the network-was a harbinger of more bad decisions to come)
I hate it when that kind of crap happens. Lexa is a decent actress, but it's nice to avoid nepotism when possible.
--- merged: Jan 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM ---
As for SyFy, I thought The Outer Limits suffered greatly when it went from Showtime to SyFy. Production values immediately plummeted and I pretty much stopped watching it.

That said, I'm still quietly jazzed about meeting Clancy Brown (who was in one of my favorite TOL episodes) in an elevator at a local mall a few weeks ago. Very sweet guy, but I could see the fear in his eyes that I might make a scene. Poor bastard. I have too much respect for actors to do something like that.

But he didn't know what.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I hate it when that kind of crap happens. Lexa is a decent actress, but it's nice to avoid nepotism when possible.
--- merged: Jan 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM ---
As for SyFy, I thought The Outer Limits suffered greatly when it went from Showtime to SyFy. Production values immediately plummeted and I pretty much stopped watching it.

That said, I'm still quietly jazzed about meeting Clancy Brown (who was in one of my favorite TOL episodes) in an elevator at a local mall a few weeks ago. Very sweet guy, but I could see the fear in his eyes that I might make a scene. Poor bastard. I have too much respect for actors to do something like that.

But he didn't know what.

Honey, you need to keep that roll of duct tape hidden in your purse until you've followed your mark into the parking garage. It's all in the timing. ;)
--- merged: Jan 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM ---

Oh wow, is this true? Is that the reason they killed off Frasier??? :sour:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Honey, you need to keep that roll of duct tape hidden in your purse until you've followed your mark into the parking garage. It's all in the timing. ;)

Living here, I see a lot of actors doing normal real world stuff. I'll never forget seeing the kid who plays Deeks in NCIS:LA at the local grocery story, trying to hide under a baseball cap. You just can't mistake the babyface, facial scruff and long hair, but the kid and I still left him alone.

If it seems appropriate, I might say something quietly friendly/complimentary, but that's it. If I have a camera with me, I keep the lens very obviously pointed down at the floor. I can only imagine the terror they have of papparazzi. I mean, there's a difference between them parading up and down Rodeo Drive, looking for attention, and their being out holiday shopping or shopping for dishwashing detergent.

FYI, they generally only parade up and down Rodeo Drive when they're looking for attention. Unless they have their kids with them, then you leave them the hell alone. Their kids didn't sign up for the publicity.

Yes, I suck as a papparazzo, and I'm proud of that fact.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Not really sure, I was kind of just asking. But, given Shank's apparent level of ego/narcissism, I would not doubt it.

Look at this interview; filled with "I,me, the three of them (cast) and I..." :
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ms/msbio09.shtml

and on his return:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/interviews/ms/0302msmgm.shtml

Apparently (i just saw as i researched this post) Shanks read for Hawaii Five O for the Danno part. He was so confident on getting it, he was giving story ideas in an interview. What an as$! (Is it apparent that I do not like him?)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Shanks left SG:1 originally because he was pulling a David Caruso (a la NYPD Blue) and thought he was going to have this fantastic career as a leading man on his own. That didn't happen. He pretty much came back to the show with his tail between his legs, but did manage to get his girlfriend (now wife) a job on the show, at the expense of Teryl Rothery's part.

Now he's in the Canadian show "Saving Hope", that while it has apparently gotten a second season in Canuckland (a division of Disneyland), it was unable to sustain itself on American television.

Yes, Michael, your career is going great guns, I must say...

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Shanks left SG:1 originally because he was pulling a David Caruso (a la NYPD Blue) and thought he was going to have this fantastic career as a leading man on his own. That didn't happen. He pretty much came back to the show with his tail between his legs, but did manage to get his girlfriend (now wife) a job on the show, at the expense of Teryl Rothery's part.

Now he's in the Canadian show "Saving Hope", that while it has apparently gotten a second season in Canuckland (a division of Disneyland), it was unable to sustain itself on American television.

Yes, Michael, your career is going great guns, I must say...

Why the hate against Canada?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Why the hate against Canada?

Because its fun :encouragement:

They are so darn articulate--to the point of frustration. Makes me sick :anim_22:

I live on a US HWY that runs from Buffalo south to the Pittsburgh area, many Canadians use it as a fast way of getting to I-80 or I 70. They drive very inconsiderate and without regard to the rules and speed limits, even in built up residential areas. Doing 50 in a 25 zone. Yeah I am sure more then one has used the metric conv excuse to get out of a ticket.

But other then that, I think they are a fine bunch of Tories.

http://www.toriesfightingfortheking.com/

;)