Tired of the Superbowl?? Try BLOOD BOWL!! :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So you folks have just finished watching the Superbowl

Was thier a player you just wanted to drop like a bad habit?
A player you wanted to run over with a steamroller?
A defender you just wanted to cut down with a chainsaw??

Then Blood bowl is for you!!!

Bloodbowl has been around for a Loooong time as a tabletop game, but now it's avaliable as a PC game that allows you to play 20 different teams, play campaign mode, storyline, Hotseat, Direct IP connection or over the net against that person you would just love to grind into the dirt and shatter thier face!!
/ END AD

OK, this game is based on the NFL, you take control of a team, build them up and play other teams, but unlike Madden or other "sport simulators" you take control of various fantasy teams and try to score touchdowns AND beat nine colours of crap outta the opposition as well!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWl0BtaeAcA&feature=related

If you ever wanted to play as "silly" but really fun game, this game is cool, and goes for around 20 bucks, just make sure you get the "Legendary Edition"

B

Backstep

That game would be great to play while driving in death race 2000 :biggrin: I call Frankenstein:P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
yup!
I have done my dash with CCG's however.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
FFG doesn't make Collectible Card Games. They created their own model called Living Card Games where the base game has expansions with a fixed and known set of cards in them. No rares; no buying the same pack 20 times to try to get that powerful rare card or any of that stuff.

Plus, Blood Bowl Team Manager is just a regular card game.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
pedantary.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not nitpicking. Collectible Card Games are very different from other card games, and to me CCGs are a scam because you wind up buying the exact same product over and over again looking for the rare cards.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Not nitpicking. Collectible Card Games are very different from other card games, and to me CCGs are a scam because you wind up buying the exact same product over and over again looking for the rare cards.
Not all CCG's are like M:TG Joe, and really, who but you or me would pick up on the difference between the two here?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually the concept where the card pack contents are not known and may or may not have certain cards is a staple of CCGs. It's why I feel they are scams. You in essence have to buy the same pack multiple times to try to get the card you need.

The LCG (Living Card Games) also have "packs" but the contents are both known and do not change. I've played two LCGs (Netrunner and Conquest:40K). Both are well designed and fun.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Actually the concept where the card pack contents are not known and may or may not have certain cards is a staple of CCGs. It's why I feel they are scams. You in essence have to buy the same pack multiple times to try to get the card you need.
Not every CCG is a game of "hunt the rare", V:TES was fantastic in this regard as the rares were cards you might like to have 1 or 2 of, but it was the commons and uncommons which really fueled the deck. Even the old SW:CCG (the original one) was built this way because people saw the way things were going in M:TG/Yu-gi-oh.
It's a marketing decision, and given the success of M:TG, scam or not, it works.

The LCG (Living Card Games) also have "packs" but the contents are both known and do not change. I've played two LCGs (Netrunner and Conquest:40K). Both are well designed and fun.
Yes, I do know the difference between the two concepts Joe, my point was no one else here probably does, or cares.