TIME TRAP pleasantly surprising

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
While I wouldn't say this was a great film, it was very good. I'd give it about a 6.5 out of 10.

A old plot line-time travel. But in this, it is not known before hand, that is ,the characters are not seeking out a way to travel in time.

A large cave system causes a type of time dilation, leaving ppl far from where they were in time, when they entered

other then this part, i couldn't see anything that was copied or derived from any other show or film, I found that refreshing, actually seemed like old fashioned original work based on the good imagination of the writers.

it is definitely worth the time to watch it, and maybe it will have a sequel? I wouldn't mind that if it was as good as this.

available on netflix and amazon prime, youtube (purchase) and vudu

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4815122/

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
While I wouldn't say this was a great film, it was very good. I'd give it about a 6.5 out of 10.

A old plot line-time travel. But in this, it is not known before hand, that is ,the characters are not seeking out a way to travel in time.

A large cave system causes a type of time dilation, leaving ppl far from where they were in time, when they entered

other then this part, i couldn't see anything that was copied or derived from any other show or film, I found that refreshing, actually seemed like old fashioned original work based on the good imagination of the writers.

it is definitely worth the time to watch it, and maybe it will have a sequel? I wouldn't mind that if it was as good as this.

available on netflix and amazon prime, youtube (purchase) and vudu

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4815122/

I will watch this! I want to wait until I am off.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I just ran into this on Netflix and because @YJ02 had suggested it I gave it a try. It was interesting. I think they managed to get a whole lot done on a very small budget.

I found the concept of the cavemen quite interesting. They've basically been living there since before "the age of man" as if nothing has changed, due to the time dilation. (I use that term solely because of how it's used in Stargate, don't know whether it has any actual meaning) Then the present day humans wander in on them. Then the futuristic humanoid comes to join the party.

The only point I had a problem with...

...was when the girl climbed up out of the cave. Supposedly she was up there for half an hour, according to her own experience. But in another part it becomes clear that every second (or at most two seconds) in the cave equals about a year outside of it. So by the time she climbed back down her friends should have been long dead.

Or maybe I'm missing something there.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
while looking through other on line reviews of this film for other opinions I found this. it relates to several other threads here but i am putting it here for context (it is written as if it was an actual plot fault of the film WITHIN a review).

the writer fails to understand that the setting is texas, so north america. the cave people would be proto native Americans and therefore ARE 'people of color'. they were not cast as POC just to make the needs of some evil plot or to make some social message

what is wrong with the cave people is that they are show to be more primitive then they actually would have been. proto natives would have speech and more sophistication then shown in the film

Don’t Worry, Everything’s All White
In addition to the woefully laid out script, are the film’s antagonists. Labeled on IMDB as “Guardians”, which I assume is meant to be guardians of the cave or Fountain of Youth, are these cavemen like people who harass and kill every new visitor they can find. The entirety of the “good guy” cast is made up of white people, while all of the simplistic, ignorant, murdering cave dwellers are seemingly people of color. If the Hallmark Channel made Sci-Fi, this film would be in their line up.

from https://www.filminquiry.com/time-trap-2018-review/

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just ran into this on Netflix and because @YJ02 had suggested it I gave it a try. It was interesting. I think they managed to get a whole lot done on a very small budget.

I found the concept of the cavemen quite interesting. They've basically been living there since before "the age of man" as if nothing has changed, due to the time dilation. (I use that term solely because of how it's used in Stargate, don't know whether it has any actual meaning) Then the present day humans wander in on them. Then the futuristic humanoid comes to join the party.

The only point I had a problem with...

...was when the girl climbed up out of the cave. Supposedly she was up there for half an hour, according to her own experience. But in another part it becomes clear that every second (or at most two seconds) in the cave equals about a year outside of it. So by the time she climbed back down her friends should have been long dead.

Or maybe I'm missing something there.

in the cave, per the guy's cell phone recording, only about 5 minutes passed for her 30 on the surface. but her saying 'a half hour' doesn't make sense either, because when the others watch her recording, they do so in about 5 minutes as well

clearly the film has some detail issues (like when they watch her surface video it is on her phone. but when we see her on the surface, she is only holding the guy's GPS receiver/transponder. so how did her ph film what she did?) i dont think though, it detracts all that much from the over all story and premise, which IMO, i still think is a good one even though the execution and detailing may be a little off

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I checked and double checked and I can't find this on Netflix.
Just checked. It's not on Netflix UK, but is on Netflix USA. Also checked Ireland, not there. For the hell of it I checked the Netherlands, but nope.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
its not a netflix movie

online info says it is available on amazon and vudu and for $4 on youtube

so you may be able to get it there through another site