"The Objective"-quite the genre 'mash up'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So after I watched the British film THE VETERAN, which was ok, I did the "more like this" op on netflix. THE OBJECTIVE was one suggestion.

Seemingly because it involves military action in a "war on terror" scenario as was THE VETERAN.

Description says "Cia operative and SF team sets out on an important mission in the early days of the afghanistan operation". Ok, and more. They just don't tell you what to really expect.

About a half an hour in you get to see that "Ok, so its sci fi(?) too?"

There is about 2 or 3 other genres or sub genres in this film; ranging from war to hindu mythology. It is a bit slow, with bits of action here and there (just like real war).

The actors playing the SF operators, imo, do a very good job. You can tell they were coached by real SF guys in their talking and movements, etc.

I really like how TPTB managed to get the different genres together, usually when someone tries this it comes off really bad. In this, you can tell it is not a "first string" movie and crew but IMO, it is def worth the time to watch it play out.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/The_Objective/70106730?trkid=2361637

imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962711/

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Some of the viewer reviews sound pretty harsh, which gives me pause.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Some of the viewer reviews sound pretty harsh, which gives me pause.

Like OM1 says, "never take anything at face value". And like I just made up -don't be a "slave" to self appointed critics :shame: even if they are me :anim_59:

You will either like it or hate it. But my guess is that you will like it if you are actively viewing it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Like OM1 says, "never take anything at face value". And like I just made up -don't be a "slave" to self appointed critics :shame: even if they are me :anim_59:

You will either like it or hate it. But my guess is that you will like it if you are actively viewing it.

You'd be wrong as I tend to hate everything. Life is easier that way. :winking0052: