The Mozz Pit

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I forget who wrote the old thread, "Mallozzi's Blog, reading it so you don't have to" or whatever but it's time to re-establish it.

I just read (July 10, 2010) him baiting a fan about the movies. Is it good that Brad Wright is involved? After all he dumped this latest pile called Universe on us.

One from the Mozz:
Lose the music montages. Nyet. Meredith may not like them, but I love ‘em. They offer a nice, succinct way of wrapping up the episode’s various storylines and furthering ongoing character arcs.
:<< Now you know who to blame for that one.

Well I think these used to end with a big McLaughlin Group, Bye Bye. Can't find the smiley.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I use to love those montages like SG1's Unending, SGA's solitary man, even Breathe in SGU but after that, there just annoying and not special.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
OCgatergal said:
I use to love those montages like SG1's Unending, SGA's solitary man, even Breathe in SGU but after that, there just annoying and not special.

Yup nothing against those. It's the screeching dissonant mini rock video MTV type junk they insert into SGoo without reason.

There was a raunchy head banger track in Vegas but it was great because it was dealing with the Wraith guy and was a one off. But back to the Mozz, the guy needs to ... well I ain't takin' that hit. Must be the fine food. :<<

Josephs Mallozzi's latest musings on the Atlantis movie.

"Bailey writes: “You know, rereading the mailbag, what I think PG-15 and a few others may have been tactfully trying to ask, without actually asking, is why haven’t you or Paul gone to bat for Extinction as Brad has for Revolution?”

Answer: Hmmm. I spent the better part of an hour attempting a tactful response to this question before eventually giving up. Let’s just say that when news of the Atlantis cancellation first came down, I was crushed – as was everyone else associated with the production, from cast and crew to the entire writing staff. My disappointment was somewhat mitigated, however, by the prospect of continuing Atlantis’s story in the direct-to-dvd format. Since then, circumstances have tempered that initial enthusiasm. I still want to see the movie made; I’ve simply adopted a more practical outlook with respect to its (hopefully) eventual production. "

So no Atlantis movie because Mallozzi just couldnt be bothered pushing for it. Can you believe that the hope of an Atantlis movie rests with this guy. but shame he's lost his enthusiasm so all the lame excuses about not being able to make it due to ouside circumstances was just a bunch of lies, everything these guys have said about making an SGA movie has been a bunch of lies, though I've pretty much always known that.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
ocean said:
Josephs Mallozzi's latest musings on the Atlantis movie.

"Bailey writes: “You know, rereading the mailbag, what I think PG-15 and a few others may have been tactfully trying to ask, without actually asking, is why haven’t you or Paul gone to bat for Extinction as Brad has for Revolution?”

Answer: Hmmm. I spent the better part of an hour attempting a tactful response to this question before eventually giving up. Let’s just say that when news of the Atlantis cancellation first came down, I was crushed – as was everyone else associated with the production, from cast and crew to the entire writing staff. My disappointment was somewhat mitigated, however, by the prospect of continuing Atlantis’s story in the direct-to-dvd format. Since then, circumstances have tempered that initial enthusiasm. I still want to see the movie made; I’ve simply adopted a more practical outlook with respect to its (hopefully) eventual production. "

So no Atlantis movie because Mallozzi just couldnt be bothered pushing for it. Can you believe that the hope of an Atantlis movie rests with this guy. but shame he's lost his enthusiasm so all the lame excuses about not being able to make it due to ouside circumstances was just a bunch of lies, everything these guys have said about making an SGA movie has been a bunch of lies, though I've pretty much always known that.

Call me synical, but that sentance makes me wonder wether the lack of support for sgpoo may have ticked him off aswell. I remember on the old forum a post about tptb being so ticked off with the negativity of the fans (because the only people who dislike SGPOO are atlantis fans not just the wider public/casual viewers) that they may not want to give us the movie to "teach us a lesson" or he is now a top dog on sgpoo when he was only helping out in a small capacity before, so his time is taken up with his new baby sgpoo

Whatever the case he will never win an award for making friends and influencing people.

MissSGA

GateFans Noob
Yeah, this one I've read on another site. And, so hard this sounds, I hope It's better the SGA-movie will not happen as long as any of TPTB has only a finger in the franchise. When I first read the title "Extinction" my first intension was: OMG, they will kill off the hole city! On this point I'm really gladful JMozz did not real fight for the movie so I can hope the city and the team survives and returns to Pegasus for further explore and adventure. So, thank the God of laziness to put in JMozz not to fight for the movie.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
from JM's blog

Michelle writes: “I offer the following translations for your Atlantis movie diplomacy:

a. MGM is in so much debt, even the SG-1 movie has a .001% chance of getting financed, the SGA movie even less. Why should I waste my time?
b. Flanigan has said negative things about SGU’s ratings and prospects; no way am I fighting to get him a gig.
c. You fans are so naive. The sets are gone. SGA is over. Get a clue!
d. Have you not noticed I’m branching out to fiction and comics? I won’t be around long enough to make an SGA movie.
e. MGM never paid me for the script. I don’t work for free.

Care to comment if any of those are accurate?”

Answer: MGM certainly did pay for the script and I’m sure it’ll only be a matter of time before it’s business as usual with the lion, at least with regard to features and television. The direct-to-dvd market, however, will probably continue to be a big question mark. As for the sets – it’s much cheaper to put them in storage and put them up when needed rather than leave them standing and pay the cost of the stage rental

Well he dodged most of those then huh :roll:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Why am I not surprised...

I was skimming through the Q&A with one of SGU's new writers on Maslozzy's blog, when something occurred to me:

1. Not a single sci-fi related or technical question.

2. No technical answers, very few sci-fi related - with the notable exception of one, where she mentions Aliens as being her favorite sci-fi movie and then Excaliber (que?).

So, does anybody still think JM is working hard to change Season 2 into a real sci-fi show in the tradition of SG1 and SGA?? :rolleyes:

Moreover, some telling quotes:

I’ve been known as a character writer for many years so I guess that’s what stands out. I like to tap into the emotional arch of a character, love to write their weaknesses along with their strength. I also enjoy when over the course of a series I can develop and explore the relationship between two characters.
Right now my favorite show is Mad Men, but of all time I’d have to say the show I enjoyed the most was Twin Peaks.
I knew about the film and SG-1, but knew very little about Atlantis.
And for a few laughs:

What you see is what you get with Joe. I think it’s a great thing he communicates with the fans via this blog and share his experiences with all of you. And so you know, Joe really cares – that’s why he spends so much time on the blog.
:rotflmao: :laughing: :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao: