THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
First- I did do a search to see if there was a thread. all i found was its mention in other threads on other shows

so

I watched seasons 1-3 (10 eps each) on amazon for the combined reasons of nothing else to watch. its fall, i was sick and couldn't do jack diddly for outdoor work :(

i did not look up anything about it online, so i just went with it being in the genre of what it appeared to be- alternate history drama

but then, one must realise- even if the characters do not-- that those films got to be coming from another reality/ parallel world, etc.

so, sci fi of a type, but,we do not get any real sci fi until season 3 and then it is only spotty.

i kind of like the show without the alt worlds being involved. just as an alt history dram was fine with me.

idk if this is how PK Dick wrote it, but I am sure it has been "muddied up" for tv

anyone else watch it?

some really good actors in it like Cary Hiroyuki, DJ Qualls, Joel Fuente and Rufus Sewell mainly, but other good ones too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
First- I did do a search to see if there was a thread. all i found was its mention in other threads on other shows

so

I watched seasons 1-3 (10 eps each) on amazon for the combined reasons of nothing else to watch. its fall, i was sick and couldn't do jack diddly for outdoor work :(

i did not look up anything about it online, so i just went with it being in the genre of what it appeared to be- alternate history drama

but then, one must realise- even if the characters do not-- that those films got to be coming from another reality/ parallel world, etc.

so, sci fi of a type, but,we do not get any real sci fi until season 3 and then it is only spotty.

i kind of like the show without the alt worlds being involved. just as an alt history dram was fine with me.

idk if this is how PK Dick wrote it, but I am sure it has been "muddied up" for tv

anyone else watch it?

some really good actors in it like Cary Hiroyuki, DJ Qualls, Joel Fuente and Rufus Sewell mainly, but other good ones too.

I saw this available, but the premise turns me off.