The longest running science experiment

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I bet someone is collecting a steady paycheck running this experiment. Not able to be taking on other tasks because this experiment demands full-time attention.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I bet someone is collecting a steady paycheck running this experiment. Not able to be taking on other tasks because this experiment demands full-time attention.
Good chance there in a wheel chair or using a walker to check how things are on a daily basis . ;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Good chance there in a wheel chair or using a walker to check how things are on a daily basis . ;)
It's probably a generational thing, where the job is passed from father to son.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

yeah, what a gig. where one's entire career could be described by 'the drop'-- if it happens in their time

"i did that job for 20 yrs, then one day, i went to the bathroom to take a drop of my own and when i got back, the damned thing had fallen"

BASTARD! you had ONE thing to do for your job and after 20 yrs experience, you still couldn't get it right!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Another example of pointless research resulting in nothing useful.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Another example of pointless research resulting in nothing useful.

well, its australia and i am sure in their social system, the jobs provided by this research have been designated essential positions by someone