The Gateworld Experiment

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As soon as somebody looks it up, they will delete the thread.

Astroturfing denotes political, advertising, or public relations campaigns that are formally planned by an organization, but are disguised as spontaneous, popular "grassroots" behavior. The term refers to AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Knowing Gateworld, as soon as they look up what it means, they will delete it. Or, if people start adding positive responses to your implications. Thats the way they work!

T

Tanith

Was wondering if you could respond to EvilSpaceAlien post #18 and KEK post #60

For most of the other posts its similar to what happens on a lot of topics on here (imo).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Apparently, I have been suspended. I didn't get a private message, just the following screen when I tried to look at subscribed threads:

View attachment 1210

This could be a temporary suspension that last a long time.

:rotflmao:

The funny part is, you tried to stay on topic, it was everyone else derailing the thread, Gee, I wonder if they got suspended as well

images

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOVE the picture!

The funny part is, you tried to stay on topic, it was everyone else derailing the thread, Gee, I wonder if they got suspended as well

images

Hahahaha...LOVE the picture about the double standards!!! :rotflmao:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
By posting here, you sorta broke the scientific aspects of hte experiment since it's already been proven that GW monitors SGU*S, and they'd see that it was a 'ploy'.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
But they prove our points every day they are online!

By posting here, you sorta broke the scientific aspects of hte experiment since it's already been proven that GW monitors SGU*S, and they'd see that it was a 'ploy'.

By being a heavily censored website, they are the ones who have to REACT to everything. They have to go through a panic, to constantly patrol their forums looking for hints of discord, editing here, deleting there...draconian and pathetic. Here, we dont even have to ban the trolls, just to clean up behind them. They can NEVER hold their own, and they usually resort to attempted derailing (the Troll Turds thread stopped that nonsense). But they are free to speak the praises about their beloved show...its just that there arent many to sing! We do not alter or censor, and that makes us BETTER than they are as a forum. We have a REAL forum and they just have a bulletin board:

Forum Definition:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum

a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
: a judicial body or assembly : court
a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

Gateworld is no longer a true forum because the "discussions" are not complete (they are censored), and because the censorship falls along ideology lines (pro-SGU, anti-SGU, Neutral), their bulletin board cant be considered a real forum.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
By being a heavily censored website, they are the ones who have to REACT to everything. They have to go through a panic, to constantly patrol their forums looking for hints of discord, editing here, deleting there...draconian and pathetic. Here, we dont even have to ban the trolls, just to clean up behind them. They can NEVER hold their own, and they usually resort to attempted derailing (the Troll Turds thread stopped that nonsense). But they are free to speak the praises about their beloved show...its just that there arent many to sing! We do not alter or censor, and that makes us BETTER than they are as a forum. We have a REAL forum and they just have a bulletin board:

Forum Definition:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum

Gateworld is no longer a true forum because the "discussions" are not complete (they are censored), and because the censorship falls along ideology lines (pro-SGU, anti-SGU, Neutral), their bulletin board cant be considered a real forum.

This is too fucking funny, get out of my mind OM1!! Whilst looking for that picture I came across this one and almost posted it instead:

images

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
And this one is just for TPTB:

images

No offence intended to any Jewish/Black member on the forum

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahaha...love that one even MORE!

This is too fucking funny, get out of my mind OM1!! Whilst looking for that picture I came across this one and almost posted it instead:

images
:rotflmao:. Its so fitting!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Jim has no access to any forums using his account. He can only see it logged in as a guest. The answer was like if someone said "What color is tuesday" and you reply "Seven!"

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
He has no access? So, I wonder if he was further restricted after asking that question because he had to have had access to that thread/forum when he posted the question that the mod replied to. Sounds to me like he is essentially banned now. So, there it is.
I'm assuming it was a PM, which is not technically access to the forum. Alx was able to PM me when he was under moderation.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
*Headsmack*

Jim PM'ed Bagpuss, Bagpuss PMed back. On GW, it looks almost the same as forum posts :P

The amount of shit that Bagpuss posting that in a public forum would have stirred is beyond ridiculous, beyond Thunderdome, and even beyond ludicrous speed it's so mindboggling! :P

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I have some access using my account. I can:

1. Send and receive private messages.
2. Read the forums by accessing them through some way other than my subscription folder.
3. I may be able to post moderated messages. I have not tried to do so, and Bagpuss's message was not clear.

:sgusucks:
I stand corrected... somewhat :P

In any case, Bagpuss didn't answer your question which was still quite hilarious :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
To me Bagpuss didn't even READ his question. She was just waiting for an opportunity to speak her mind to Jim.

S

Stonelesscutter

you lying lying bitch...

Bagpuss is lying.
Negative posts on Gateworld are often subject to deletion wether they are thoroughly contstructed or not.
It's the reason I came to this site in the first place about a year ago.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well I just registered a second Gateworld account for when the time comes, so they don't totally blow me away.

S

Stonelesscutter

Well I just registered a second Gateworld account for when the time comes, so they don't totally blow me away.

Hopefully you don't have a static IP otherwise they might just ban both accounts at the same time, when the time comes. ;)