The GateFans Show! Blast from the past...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have been gathering all of the GateFans properties together, and I found some of the old videos I made when SGU was on the air. This one was supposed to be Brad Wright and Elyse Levesque being interviewed by "Mr Dude". :) It has my quirky sense of humor infused in it.

I re-uploaded it from my old scifiovermind account, so there are no views for it yet.

Here is another one I did which has William Shatner and Carrie Fisher being interviewed by "Mr Dude".

The program used was called Xtranormal, which no longer exists. All you had to do was to type the dialogue, and then direct the characters to do what you wanted them to do. It was fun. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Too bad Xtranormal was pulled when they tried the failed paid-only model. It's coming back, though. The technology was spun off:

http://www.nawmal.com/

The sad part is they have no free tier, although they're pretending there is one coming in 2016 (this is so technically illogical on so many levels it makes my head hurt).

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Too bad Xtranormal was pulled when they tried the failed paid-only model. It's coming back, though. The technology was spun off:

http://www.nawmal.com/

The sad part is they have no free tier, although they're pretending there is one coming in 2016 (this is so technically illogical on so many levels it makes my head hurt).

Look at Muvisu. :) There is a free tier.

Bluce Ree

Very nice but it requires a download. I'd rather find a good online alternative. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Very nice but it requires a download. I'd rather find a good online alternative. :(

Those videos were so much fun to make. :) I actually paid for all the premium assets with Xtranormal and I got none of that money back. I am going to make one with Muvisu just to see what it can do. Xtranormal went down the drain after I made my Angelina Jolie vs Megan Fox video with it (that could be posted in Flame Hell, as it contains lots of profanity!). I want to parody some stuff.

Bluce Ree

Those videos were so much fun to make. :) I actually paid for all the premium assets with Xtranormal and I got none of that money back. I am going to make one with Muvisu just to see what it can do. Xtranormal went down the drain after I made my Angelina Jolie vs Megan Fox video with it (that could be posted in Flame Hell, as it contains lots of profanity!). I want to parody some stuff.

Why don't you write to nawmal.com and see if they will honor the credits you paid for? After all, Xtranormal isn't bankrupt nor did they go out of business, they just spun off the animation arm.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why don't you write to nawmal.com and see if they will honor the credits you paid for? After all, Xtranormal isn't bankrupt nor did they go out of business, they just spun off the animation arm.

Oh well......

Selection_005.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Why no download? I prefer that as all the assets are installed on my machine and if they go under I can still use it. Xtranormal pulled the plug without warning and made my program (and paid credits) useless. I will try Muvisu first. But what to parody? :)

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Why no download? I prefer that as all the assets are installed on my machine and if they go under I can still use it. Xtranormal pulled the plug without warning and made my program (and paid credits) useless. I will try Muvisu first. But what to parody? :)

Defiance?

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
I have not watched it enough to do that...suggest an episode?

I do not know of an episode where the dialog is available in text form. If someone was a friend to Joseph Mallozzi, then may be they could get the script to the proposed Stargate movie in text form. I would like to see an Xtranormal presentation of the movie.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 1, Episode 1 would be good as an Xtranormal episode, but I would not ask someone to type all of the dialog themselves.

Oh, the dialogue would have to be different for the parody! I dont mind typing dialogue. I would have to watch the first episode again. What about Falling Skies? :) The Xtranormal program is no longer available (the thread explains). There is Muvisu and Nawmal. I have Muvisu and I will try something with that. Perhaps an interview with JJ Abrams. :tealc_newanime002:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I forgot to post this one! This was the first episode:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The problem with parodying Defiance is that the chief flaw with the show was that the backstory was not explained in any usable manner. That and the creepy sex scenes. Now the creepy scenes one can parody but how do you parody the primary issue?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I found another one I made in a YouTube GateFans channel I had lost access to! The visuals suck, but the dialogue is funny! It is an episode of SGU after they went into suspended animation