The Event

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Watched premiere, giving it one more episode...

I watched the premiere, and I'm sorry to say I was very underwhelmed. I didn't really a connection to any of the characters, and I was further disappointed because I didn't learn a single new thing that I hadn't already learned from the extended four minute trailer. The premiere felt like they had just stretched out the trailer to fit 43 minutes, so I was bored.

But I will watch the second episode later today if I have time and see if that grabs me. If it doesn't, then I'm not going to bother watching any more.

Will

GateFans Noob
I watched the premiere, and I'm sorry to say I was very underwhelmed. I didn't really a connection to any of the characters, and I was further disappointed because I didn't learn a single new thing that I hadn't already learned from the extended four minute trailer. The premiere felt like they had just stretched out the trailer to fit 43 minutes, so I was bored.

You know, if you replace "43 minutes" with "20 episodes", this paragraph could apply in its entirety to SGU season 1.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
You know, if you replace "43 minutes" with "20 episodes", this paragraph could apply in its entirety to SGU season 1.

:rotflmao: Too true! And Season 2 will be just the same. I bet the newest season 2 trailer already had all the new info about the "mission" that TPTB are ready to reveal. "This ship is called Destiny for a reason." Our mission isn't to "go home" but "to go further." And then in episode 7 Rush will just repeat those lines and wax poetic with some vague BS about the "secrets of the universe" and everyone onboard will dumbly decide to stay on the mission instead of going home :laughing:

Ok I'd better get back on topic before I go on too long about SGU :)

First episode affected me the same way, plus I really didn't like the many time flashbacks -- so many, imo, that rather than helping fill in the backstory, it broke the continuity. Second episode was better although some weak spots that could have been trimmed with no ill effects.

Yeah, the flashbacks in the premiere felt very contrived. Like, they were doing them more for style than for any legitimate story-telling reason. Hmm...that worries me about the weak spots. I can't stand slow pacing and fluffy filler that could be cut. I actually fast forwarded about fifteen minutes of the premiere. I just read a synopsis of episode 2, and it read a bit "blah," so I'm not sure I'm even going to bother watching it now...

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Episode two was much better!

I just saw episode two, and it was definitely much better than episode one. Now I am actually curious to find out what is going on, so I'll keep watching for now. It's unfortunate that the pilot was so mediocre. I hope the third episode continues the upward trend.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Episode three

I enjoyed episode three. There were some eye-roll "yeah right" moments, like with
the RV that came out of nowhere in the desert and crashed into the car...
but I think the episode worked overall. And the ending I thought was pretty awesome!

Now, am I the only one who is starting to wonder:

Are the aliens really aliens at all? They have never actually admitted to being aliens, have they? They are just "our people"...and Sophia avoids giving up any details. And when Sophia said in this episode "this wasn't supposed to happen" - it sounds like maybe this could be a time travel plot. As in, Sophia and the others aren't aliens, but rather "evolved" humans from the future, or something. Who came back to this moment in time to try and change history or prevent some massive disaster or some such. Huh, dunno. Probably that is just a dumb theory, but, something is making me think they might not be aliens. Since, it would be a "surprise" to reveal later on they aren't really aliens. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Unless the show gets canned for bad ratings and we never find out. I think it is still bleeding viewers.

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
The Event is an ok show....in someways it reminds of the "4400" and "Earth Final Conflict." I just hope in the next few episodes we find out who Sophias people are and what they are doing here. I hope they don't drag it out because I don't think I could take waiting couple seasons to find out the answer.

B

Backstep

For those of us who do not want to watch sgpoo tonight, The Event starts back tonight.

The Event

Special 2-hour return tonight 8/7c.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
It was a lot better than I expected. Certainly I think the focus on the presidential side of things makes the show better.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
B

Backstep

I agree, with the new plot twist of Leila being a hybrid, Sophia and Thomas splinting into two factions and getting closer to knowing What the Event is.