The dresden files.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
I read the first three books in a little series known as the the Dresden Files series. I like the series and its got flash. However it does seem that the man is severely weakened for nearly half the book. Everything is going well or everything starts out not going well and it gets worse from there. An excellent premise for a show. Thanks skiffy.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
How much have you read? Doesn't Harry sorta remind you off Angel in buffyverse? Less moody though.

Inara

GateFans Noob
Spacejunkminer12751 said:
Do you think butcher is going to kill off harry?

Temporarily? Yes. Permanently? Maybe. Next book title is "Ghost Story" after all.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Temporarily? Yes. Permanently? Maybe. Next book title is "Ghost Story" after all.

The first chapter is already up I think. You know, preview chapters or whatever they're called, teasers?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Did you folks like the TV show of "The Dresden Files"? I haven't read the books yet but I thought the show was okay. Many people have commented that the books are really good so I'll probably put them on my list of must reads.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Did you folks like the TV show of "The Dresden Files"? I haven't read the books yet but I thought the show was okay. Many people have commented that the books are really good so I'll probably put them on my list of must reads.

The books are 10X better than the show, and the books are filled with better arcs. And you know what I mean by the books aren't limited by the budget of a visual medium. Humour was also partly downplayed in the show.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I plan to get the series, but my attention is currently distracted by grabbing the end of B5 and starting on Alias and Farscape.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
But...but, haven't you already watched those series?

Nope, they came out in my teens where I had alot of "other things" to hold my interest. I have seen chunks of all three however :)

(PS, I never claimed to have seen everything, just lots of things)
(PPS) Yes, I know you were mucking with me :D

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
You haven't seen B5? Holy *expletive*.

Well, after you watch B5, everything you watch after just becomes ruined, although Fringe has been really soaring lately.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You haven't seen B5? Holy *expletive*.

Well, after you watch B5, everything you watch after just becomes ruined, although Fringe has been really soaring lately.

I'd seen swathes of B5, but until recently, I'd never had the chance to actually sit down and watch it properly because TV meant very little to me then. Oh and just so you know B5 has ruined nothing for me, B5 is an excellent, tightly woven story, and I enjoy it, but I have seen the premise many times before. B5 is an excellent take on the biblical style "good Vs evil", and I enjoy it for that, and the Unique characters that are involved in the story, but it really, really drops short of "blowing my mind"

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Really? I've never seen the space station of consequence setting in other sci-fi much. Deep Space 9 but that came after B5. Wait, I don't understand, you've watched it, or only bits and pieces?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Really? I've never seen the space station of consequence setting in other sci-fi much. Deep Space 9 but that came after B5. Wait, I don't understand, you've watched it, or only bits and pieces?

You misunderstand me, The setting and the characters are very much "B5", but the essence of the story (the war against the shadows, the understanding of "old Vs young", the choice to "stand up and be counted"), are old concepts to me.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Eh, everything's old concepts these days except all the new stuff I'm learning in school, some of them being in depth looks at old concepts with deeper meanings and unrealized implications. I really liked how complete the show was, it resolved almost all of its major arcs and just intelligent execution of very dark storytelling.

lol, now back to your regular scheduled broadcasting, Dresden Files, why don't you just borrow the books from the library?