The "Buddy Christ"

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I know I posted something about this somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it.
This is an award to give to the best "non SGUS member" that just smites the silly crap the squeedrones repeat over and over again.
This one goes to "Whitto" on the TVBTN site for this great peice:

whitto Posted December 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM
I like Atlantis, but really wasn’t TOO bothered it got cancelled, because I wasn’t really that invested in the characters etc, and it was simply a fun/entertaining show to watch.
Now with SGU I was really excited to see just what they could do with a bigger budget, darker stories etc, and was expecting something on the lines of the quality of BSG, but stargate.
Well, the show simply is sh*t. The VFX actually aren’t that good (even though they seem to think they are outstanding), I have seen FAR greater VFX in BSG (and TBH in Star Trek Voyager haha). Acting is AWFUL from 90% of the cast, I can’t stand the humour of david blue because it just doesn’t work. I feel bad because I actually like the actors and have seen them act good in other shows, but the lines they are given are SOO Wooden and forced, it just never works.
The whole premise of the show is all over the place, I mean, really? Why would any of these people care about the origins of the universe right now, with the “BIG mission”, all they want to do is go home. But they have glossed that over and everyone seems fine with it.
The music is really bad, with barely any score or when there is it is so mundane and bland, nothing like the quality of music for SG1/SGA. I am not talking about it being depressing, BSG was depressing and look how amazing that score was!
There is no excuses, they wanted a darker show that was character based and they wanted a bigger budget.
Well, they got it, and they turned out a bunch of sh*te. I still watch just because I really like Stargate, but even if they make another series it will be hard to just “forget” and watch.
All they do is blame everyone else, blame angry fans, blame the competition, but never actually admitting they might not be doing their best and that is the reason it is so low on everyone’s priority list that they just DVR and watch when there is nothing else on.
They said you can’t compare to Atlantis because things are different now and more people download/DVR, well SGU season 1.0 was less than a year out after SGA cancellation and it has been under the 2 million mark ever since the premier.
The fact that Robert Cooper has left to do other things really should be a sign, especially since his episodes were the only episodes of all of SGU that were actually good.
Maybe they should give Stargate a rest for a while before they totally train-wreck the franchise and it gets a “re-boot” dumping all of the current characters.
Maybe just stick to the DVD movies.

This one's for you!!

images

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Absolutely FA-BU!

EDIT: Got screencapped for prosperity. :)
whitto.png

Why I'm surprised at you Tropicana. How can you claim to be gay and not have a Mac?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I know I posted something about this somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it.
This is an award to give to the best "non SGUS member" that just smites the silly crap the squeedrones repeat over and over again.
This one goes to "Whitto" on the TVBTN site for this great peice:

whitto Posted December 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM
I like Atlantis, but really wasn’t TOO bothered it got cancelled, because I wasn’t really that invested in the characters etc, and it was simply a fun/entertaining show to watch.
Now with SGU I was really excited to see just what they could do with a bigger budget, darker stories etc, and was expecting something on the lines of the quality of BSG, but stargate.
Well, the show simply is sh*t. The VFX actually aren’t that good (even though they seem to think they are outstanding), I have seen FAR greater VFX in BSG (and TBH in Star Trek Voyager haha). Acting is AWFUL from 90% of the cast, I can’t stand the humour of david blue because it just doesn’t work. I feel bad because I actually like the actors and have seen them act good in other shows, but the lines they are given are SOO Wooden and forced, it just never works.
The whole premise of the show is all over the place, I mean, really? Why would any of these people care about the origins of the universe right now, with the “BIG mission”, all they want to do is go home. But they have glossed that over and everyone seems fine with it.
The music is really bad, with barely any score or when there is it is so mundane and bland, nothing like the quality of music for SG1/SGA. I am not talking about it being depressing, BSG was depressing and look how amazing that score was!
There is no excuses, they wanted a darker show that was character based and they wanted a bigger budget.
Well, they got it, and they turned out a bunch of sh*te. I still watch just because I really like Stargate, but even if they make another series it will be hard to just “forget” and watch.
All they do is blame everyone else, blame angry fans, blame the competition, but never actually admitting they might not be doing their best and that is the reason it is so low on everyone’s priority list that they just DVR and watch when there is nothing else on.
They said you can’t compare to Atlantis because things are different now and more people download/DVR, well SGU season 1.0 was less than a year out after SGA cancellation and it has been under the 2 million mark ever since the premier.
The fact that Robert Cooper has left to do other things really should be a sign, especially since his episodes were the only episodes of all of SGU that were actually good.
Maybe they should give Stargate a rest for a while before they totally train-wreck the franchise and it gets a “re-boot” dumping all of the current characters.
Maybe just stick to the DVD movies.

______________________________________________​

This one's for you!!​

images

I wanted to call it the Golden Mouse award in honor of A Nonny Mouse who posts under another name elsewhere...I even have some golden mice to use....you want to set up the thread or shall I? I don['t mind doing it...they already hate and despise me at GW. :P

Tropicana

Council Member
Why I'm surprised at you Tropicana. How can you claim to be gay and not have a Mac?
LOL, there are some fads I don't follow and Apple is one of them - I don't have an iPod, iPad, iMac or MacBook. I must admit, MacBooks looks cute with their smooth curves that bends ever so elegantly, but having used Apple's Macintosh Classic for one year during HS, (rest of the school had PCs, and one classroom was stuck with these uglies), I have been left traumatised for life and vowed never to own anything made by Apple.

In case we got young boys and girls who wonder what da heck Macintosh Classic was, see below (yes, Apple was not sexy) -

Macintosh_classic.jpg

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
LOL, there are some fads I don't follow and Apple is one of them - I don't have an iPod, iPad, iMac or MacBook. I must admit, MacBooks looks cute with their smooth curves that bends ever so elegantly, but having used Apple's Macintosh Classic for one year during HS, I have been left traumatised for life and vowed never to own anything made by Apple.

In case we got young boys and girls who wonder what da heck Macintosh Classic was, see below (yes, Apple was not sexy) -

I'll be in my bunk.

Oh wait you were talking about a computer whoops.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Absolutely FA-BU!

EDIT: Got screencapped for prosperity. :)

whitto.png

I don't mean to sound patronising mate but it's not prosperity, but posterity - as in posterior/back side/booty. :puke:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Whoever whitto is, he/she may not be a member here but definitely lurks here based on alot of the opinions & language used in his/her post, such as the use of the term "train wreck" to describe the show & the desire for a reboot.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
You maybe, i'm perfectly normal.

:vala-newanime026:
Really? Normal people LOVE SGA/SG1 crossovers. :icon_eek:
But then again you do like McKay, so I guess you're more or less okay... :P

(There goes Mr. A's hard earned respect and reputation with stclare dropping back again to that dark region somewhere between Calibos and SG1betterthen...)

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Really? Normal people LOVE SGA/SG1 crossovers. :icon_eek:
But then again you do like McKay, so I guess you're more or less okay... :P

(There goes Mr. A's hard earned respect and reputation with stclare dropping back again to that dark region somewhere between Calibos and SG1betterthen...)

Hey now, your treading a thin line there my friend. i suggest much sucking up with chocolate to get you back on my x-mas card list. :psycho:

That's right stclare you're "normal", time for your pills... :P

I only take my pills on wednesday's, ready for ratings announcements :P