Teyla Emmagan/John Sheppard Relationship Appreciation Thread

Pebble

GateFans Noob
View attachment 453

Cheers.

sheyla_fireworks.gif

They have such chemistry! It should have been John's baby. Not that weird guy who popped out of nowhere and suddenly turned into some weird wraith hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I loved the chemistry between john and teyla. If they didn't want a relationship to cause the pregnancy they could have had Michael use John's DNA to impregnate Teyla...john has a strong ancient gene and teyla has the wraith dna mixed in with hers. :P but hell yeah the baby is Johns! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The shep is cool!

The Shep would have become such a Bro-Ho.. He was, in McKay's own words, "Captain Kirk" of Atlantis. I was hoping for a 'ship between Him and 'Liz. :icon_e_wink:

See...ANOTHER reason i dislike Mckay....he was so envious of John (yep he had penis envy...john had one, Mckay didn't :P) but John didn't "get around" ...he had sex what three times during the show? MAYBE??? It's a case of Mckay bashing John and it sticking...really it was case of tptb envying JF's coolness factor...they are such dweebs they are jealous! :P

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
In fic, i'll often have McKay accuse John of kirking, typically the conversation will go something like this. (this is actually from a fic i helped a friend with)

"Now wait just a damn minute! I know you have a low opinion of me and think I'm bouncing from one woman to another, but it's not true."

"What about Nancy?"

"How does that work? I was married to her and we divorced long before I met you." John crossed his arms waiting for what was coming next.

"Chaya?"

"Kinda hard to keep a relationship when she's made of energy, don't ya think?"

"Teer?"

John nodded yielding the point. "I spent six months in there, Rodney. I didn't just jump in her pants the first chance I got."

Rodney shook his finger at John. "And that woman, the blond one in the tower you said attacked you?"

"Attacked is right. She came to my room and practically raped me."

"Didn't hear you complaining."

One side of John's mouth lifted in a half smile. "I did complain, but she made a very persuasive case."

Rodney snorted. "Freak. What about that Traveler woman, uh, Larra…Larrin?"

John seized on the inconsistency. "Oh, you mean the one who kidnapped me, beat me, tied me up repeatedly and then shot me in the ass after one kiss? We haven't even spoken since Asuras." He smiled but Rodney didn't smile back and the military man almost growled in frustration holding up four fingers in illustration. "Four in five years? Most men would call that down in the dumps."

"Those are only the ones I know about. How many more were there?" Rodney turned his back on John, crossing his arms again.

"Okay. I flirt with everyone. It's called being nice. But it's not some obsession of mine to get laid by every woman imaginable."
That's the issue, John isn't a 'player', he's a natural flirt. I'm the same way and i'm often accused of simply being after sex. But for ***** sake, it's just being naturally friendly and flirting is a part of that.

Most men are taught that women are sacred and like ming vases, beautiful to look at, but too delicate to touch. That's a load of bullshit. Men who are scared of women are not attractive. John often makes moves that most men wouldn't know.

In Quarantine he tells McKay that women like it when a man runs late. Oddly enough, i've found this to be true. Yet what does McKay do? simply brush it aside since it's 'John' the "kirk" saying it.

The Flan is waaaaay more manly and awesome than any of TPTB. It reflects in the writing so poignantly. RDA is much the same way, but TPTB couldn't face up to RDA because he's RDA, The Flan didn't have the same level of 'star power' so the sought to get their petty vengeance there.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Rac is right. I think it was a combination of envy and dislike that caused that made-up story to stick (and it only really stuck with TPTB mainly ;)). Being in a committed relationship with Teyla would make Shep a one-woman-man, not a bro-ho. LOL. And, if simply being with Teyla makes him a Bro-ho, then that would be the same case with Liz. You see, your logic has to work both ways. :icon_lol:

It's cool, though. I can understand if people want to wish for other things... :)

get that tatooed on your.....arm :P...I am ALWAYS right! ;)

That's the issue, John isn't a 'player', he's a natural flirt. I'm the same way and i'm often accused of simply being after sex. But for ***** sake, it's just being naturally friendly and flirting is a part of that.

Most men are taught that women are sacred and like ming vases, beautiful to look at, but too delicate to touch. That's a load of bullshit. Men who are scared of women are not attractive. John often makes moves that most men wouldn't know.

In Quarantine he tells McKay that women like it when a man runs late. Oddly enough, i've found this to be true. Yet what does McKay do? simply brush it aside since it's 'John' the "kirk" saying it.

The Flan is waaaaay more manly and awesome than any of TPTB. It reflects in the writing so poignantly. RDA is much the same way, but TPTB couldn't face up to RDA because he's RDA, The Flan didn't have the same level of 'star power' so the sought to get their petty vengeance there.

Some women get accused of being flirts when they are just being nice and friendly to people. I admit I am a talker and I love people so I am the type of woman who enjoys talking to both men and women. I have had a few guys get peeved and accuse me of flirting because I am just interested in what they have to say, women can get downright bitchy about my friendliness with men.:( I am lucky because my hubby knows that is "just how I am"...i don't dress provocatively or do the bar scene, I just will talk to people in the grocery story, kids in my classes, someone I meet on a walk, etc....

I've had that problem too. It's one thing when it's your friends, but when you're nice to a girl and she thinks you like her because of it, well that can be uncomfortable when you find out (usually from someone else that wonders why you haven't "made a move yet..." or worse - why you're "making" her think you like her... :rolleyes:) It really is just called being nice. I think sometimes in our society (I can only speak about America) people get used to pleasantries being less common place, so when they are encountered with someone that's nice/courteous they then think that it is something else.

Anyway, great post. I agree. :beckettu:

Cheers

manners have mostly disappeared so when someone displays them it can be "taken the wrong way". sad commentary on modern life isn't it? :(

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
:icon_lol: I bow down to your awesomeness.. *walks away to find a rusty nail and some ink.. muttering "RAC80 is always right, RAC80 is always right"

Okay, Done..:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
View attachment 464
HA!!! that's some "arm" you got there babe! ;) I hope it stings when you sit! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They look SO GOOD together

Alright,

I'll start off with pictures instead of Youtube videos this time:
View attachment 455

View attachment 456

View attachment 454 View attachment 451

View attachment 452

View attachment 453

Cheers.

sheyla_fireworks.gif

They had chemistry, no doubt about it. Teyla is sexy anyway, and her eyes...

Flanigan looks like her type...boyish charm, scruffy good looks, sense of humor...even their heights are perfect. I wonder what Flanigan's real life wife looks like?

SerenityS

GateFans Member
This is it exactly!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Can you imagine what their children would have looked like?

Wow! Rachel is one stunning woman.

They would have had gorgeous children. :icon_razz:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
One for our "Head Honcho" and his 'ship of choice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0g0yuITmD0&feature=related

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Ok, a little too "gooey" for me, but this is another good one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dsjmHSWzI&feature=related

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

No no no....THIS looks better!
:)

View attachment 527

LMAO! I was searching through Google Images for stuff on Rachel Luttrell, and I came across this image, which turned out to be one I made over a year ago myself. LOL! I was like....wow, they got together? LOL! :rotflmao:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
LMAO! I was searching through Google Images for stuff on Rachel Luttrell, and I came across this image, which turned out to be one I made over a year ago myself. LOL! I was like....wow, they got together? LOL! :rotflmao:

:rotflmao::lol:

By the way, where is Pebble? I liked the kid a lot.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
:rotflmao::lol:

By the way, where is Pebble? I liked the kid a lot.

I dont know! I hope he comes around soon. Its great to have GateFan76 back!