Terminator 6 - 2019

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Zero interest.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

This is a fail before it is even released. It will debut at lackluster numbers, and continue that trend until a week later it will be declared a "bomb". That much is very clear to us, the audience. But why doesn't the studio understand the audience? Do they really WANT to waste that money? Perhaps there is some sort of write off that allows them to benefit from losses like this is going to take? Is there really no one inside the studios who is saying "Hey, this thing is just not going to be popular if you keep it like this". ?

In advance:

1495012854693.png

Last edited:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Think about this then think about the disastrous 2016 Ghostbusters reboot....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Think about this then think about the disastrous 2016 Ghostbusters reboot....

My point exactly. A very cursory polling or sampling of opinion on the PROPOSED new all-female Ghostbusters movie would have told them they should re-think their idea, but they chose to just put it out there and allow it to become a bomb in a week. They have that opportunity with this film, and they are ignoring it just like they ignored Ghostbusters' inevitable fail. More fails possible?:

All female Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
An all female Transformers movie (I know they are robots!)
A female Hercules reboot
A female Robocop remake
A female Spiderman (Spiderperson?)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
All I can come up with is a constant face palm everytime I hear of something new coming out of hollyweird ,,,
Here's one now ,,,
:facepalm:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
This is a fail before it is even released. It will debut at lackluster numbers, and continue that trend until a week later it will be declared a "bomb". That much is very clear to us, the audience. But why doesn't the studio understand the audience? Do they really WANT to waste that money? Perhaps there is some sort of write off that allows them to benefit from losses like this is going to take? Is there really no one inside the studios who is saying "Hey, this thing is just not going to be popular if you keep it like this". ?

In advance:

View attachment 34624
I think there now needs to be a star minus scale added .
I vote 5-star .

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Never heard about this movie before until someone posted it on this thread. It's a flop?

Not yet, it isn't out yet. But it will be a flop because nobody asked for a female-centric Terminator movie, just like nobody asked for Ghostbusters to become a female crew. Ghostbusters flopped, and the feminist-centric Star Wars has flopped, and so has the Oceans 8 movie.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
James Cameron is back? Arnold Schwarzenegger is back as well as Linda Hamilton? Hmmm....sounding brilliant! Perhaps I will have to reconsider my original thoughts...

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
as I have stated before...not an original thought left in Hollywood! :smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag::smiley-white-flag:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
My point exactly. A very cursory polling or sampling of opinion on the PROPOSED new all-female Ghostbusters movie would have told them they should re-think their idea, but they chose to just put it out there and allow it to become a bomb in a week. They have that opportunity with this film, and they are ignoring it just like they ignored Ghostbusters' inevitable fail. More fails possible?:

All female Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
An all female Transformers movie (I know they are robots!)
A female Hercules reboot
A female Robocop remake
A female Spiderman (Spiderperson?)

and CPT MARVEL :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
James Cameron is back? Arnold Schwarzenegger is back as well as Linda Hamilton? Hmmm....sounding brilliant! Perhaps I will have to reconsider my original thoughts...

liked h bit about Cameron speaking on harvested DNA to grow the organic T800 shell from

i got a lot of crap over similar thoughts of mine a while back...but that was on a diff forum and a dif show :(

isn't it logical though, that something organic cannot be created out of 'nothing'/ that some template is needed,especially when it is other machines designing and building them. machines- cyberdyne/ cybersystems/ skynet or whomever in this case, even after their revolt, are still building upon designs for themselves that were originally created by humans

that said- i dont think that T3 should be 'forgotten'. it is not that out of sync with the first 2 and it had backstory on design of not just the terminator models but the other fighting machines (the T1 ground unit, the flying HK ) that were originally built by cyberdyne and the military

and we got the t800 organic blueprint in it as well (albeit in the extended scenes on dvd)

and it gave us great lines like:

"great leaders are not born, there made!" and "it is now in our power to make war safe" :)

CMSGT Candy

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
they have long run out of them!!!! Maybe if they put their cellphones down and read some classic literature they would develop imaginations!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So many questions...

1. So, Sarah Conner DIDN'T die of leukemia in Mexico before Terminator III?
  2. Where is John Connor in this movie?
  3. If John Connor is not the target of the Terminator because of his future role as leader of the resistance, then WHY?
  4. If Sarah Connor is an old lady in this, why didn't Judgement Day happen before now?
This is a cash grab, and it is gonna fail. I know, I am always so down on new shit, but what the hell! How stupid do they think people are? Who is going to go into this movie and not ask these questions after seeing the previous real Terminator movies?