Stargate SG:1 Unleashed - New Video Game

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
no halfbad renders and cgi there but android and pads? f'ck no this game is going to suck

Shooter gameplay does not play well on tablets IMO. I have Quake on my tablet and another shooter game but playing on the tablet is lame. I hope it has support for keyboard and mouse input.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Shooter gameplay does not play well on tablets IMO. I have Quake on my tablet and another shooter game but playing on the tablet is lame. I hope it has support for keyboard and mouse input.
I've played WoW, Diablo III and Civ V on my Surface Pro with no problem. Sorry yours isn't playing well with others. Of course, if I wanted to, I could attach both a keyboard and mouse to it.

I've been using it a lot, and in fact am posting from it now. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I've played WoW, Diablo III and Civ V on my Surface Pro with no problem. Sorry yours isn't playing well with others.

I have an Acer Iconia tablet running ICS. Dont have my Surface Pro yet!

Well, that Surface Pro can play any game like it does on my desktop computer running Windows 8, so I am not surprised. :) I am so getting a Surface Pro with part of my tax refund. :) I am in love with that tablet. I recently saw one with a dual monitor setup. It used the built in mini-DisplayPort adapter along with a USB DisplayPort adapter to achieve this and each monitor displays full HD at 1920x1080p. :) With the USB Displayport attached to the dock, you are still free to grab the tablet and take off with just the keyboard/cover. MUST HAVE ONE. It can completely replace a laptop. Im getting the 128 and will add a 64gb card to it for more storage.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have an Acer Iconia tablet running ICS. Dont have my Surface Pro yet!

Well, that Surface Pro can play any game like it does on my desktop computer running Windows 8, so I am not surprised. :) I am so getting a Surface Pro with part of my tax refund. :) I am in love with that tablet. I recently saw one with a dual monitor setup. It used the built in mini-DisplayPort adapter along with a USB DisplayPort adapter to achieve this and each monitor displays full HD at 1920x1080p. :) With the USB Displayport attached to the dock, you are still free to grab the tablet and take off with just the keyboard/cover. MUST HAVE ONE. It can completely replace a laptop. Im getting the 128 and will add a 64gb card to it for more storage.
Very cool. I've been running dual monitors for a long time now with my desktop. Sad to think that my desktop isn't anywhere near as powerful as either my laptop or Fluffy the Surface, here. :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Very cool. I've been running dual monitors for a long time now with my desktop. Sad to think that my desktop isn't anywhere near as powerful as either my laptop or Fluffy the Surface, here. :P

When was the last time you upgraded your desktop?
When was the last time you upgraded/bought a new tablet?
:D

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
When was the last time you upgraded your desktop?
When was the last time you upgraded/bought a new tablet?
:D
It's been about a year and a half since I upgraded my desktop.

I bought the Surface Pro last Saturday morning.

My laptop is a couple years old and is running an i7 processor and 32GB of RAM.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
do we even know its a shooter?

Dunno...I think it might be, but I dont know for sure. I have a couple of shooter games on my Acer and they suck. The graphics are great but the gameplay sucks because you cant accurately target the enemy (it is a zombie game). It has a lame feature that allows you to turn around with the tablet and the view in the game turns too. It uses the accelerometer. But damn, do they really think people are gonna hold their tablets and spin around while playing their games? :facepalm:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Dunno...I think it might be, but I dont know for sure. I have a couple of shooter games on my Acer and they suck. The graphics are great but the gameplay sucks because you cant accurately target the enemy (it is a zombie game). It has a lame feature that allows you to torn around with the tablet and the view in the game turns too. It uses the accelerometer. But damn, do they really think people are gonna hold their tablets and spin around while playing their games? :facepalm:
YES... also the new xbox is rumoured to REQUIRE that motion capture camera toy thing in order to even run IE it must be on AND hooked to the internet to even function... talk about a possible invasion of privacy not to mention retarded to push stupid motion tech on people... f'ck a controller or mouse and keys are good enouigh for me... why try and fix somethign that isnt broken...
--- merged: Feb 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM ---
as for this being a shooter or not.. the rumors were that its suposedly more like that walking dead game you and i played..

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't mind motion capture stuff on SOME games, but there are some it is just as you say OMNI, stupid.
(EG dark forces on the Wii was cool cause I got to swing a Lightsabre around in the game, but the fact that I own ZERO FPS's or Strategy games on either the Wii or the PS3 should tell ya something. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
YES... also the new xbox is rumoured to REQUIRE that motion capture camera toy thing in order to even run IE it must be on AND hooked to the internet to even function... talk about a possible invasion of privacy not to mention retarded to push stupid motion tech on people... f'ck a controller or mouse and keys are good enouigh for me... why try and fix somethign that isnt broken...
--- merged: Feb 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM ---
as for this being a shooter or not.. the rumors were that its suposedly more like that walking dead game you and i played..

Sheeeeit. Not this guy (bolded). BTW, any new episodes? I will check...I got off track with a heavy work schedule. Now, I am getting interested in the SW TOR game. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Sheeeeit. Not this guy (bolded). BTW, any new episodes? I will check...I got off track with a heavy work schedule. Now, I am getting interested in the SW TOR game. :)
all of those TWD episodes have been released and the game ended epicly for sure. rumors are flying about a possible s2.

yeah get off yer ass and play TOR with me and GF

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

I know you love it already if you have named it. :) The DisplayPort USB adapter is here: http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-USB-...1360916118&sr=1-17&keywords=USB+video+adapter for $34.95, you can have dual monitors with your Surface Pro, and each monitor will be able to display full 1920x1080p. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author