Stargate Best and Worst Eps.

G

Graybrew1

Here is where you can talk about which Stargate ep was your favorite and which was your least favorite.

My favorite was a two parter called "The Quest". SG1 had to team up with Baal and Ariana and there was a dragon too.

My least favorite was "Michael", I hated that one and everyone after it with that character. It is a sin, because I loved the actor on Enterprise as Tripp but hated Michael on SGA.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
If we're talking 'bout the entire franchise as a whole, I'd say that the best episode is Threads. It's not one of the most action-packed episodes but I love it and it would've made an excellent series finale if the show hadn't been renewed for a ninth season. The worst episode is without a doubt Irresistible. Ugh. What the hell were the writers thinking!?

Now for each show I'd list the best and worst episodes like this:

SG1
-Best: "Threads"
-Worst: "One Small Step"

SGA
-Best: "The Siege"
-Worst "Irresistible"

SGU
-Best: "Blockade"
-Worst: "Pain"

G

Graybrew1

Cool, thanks.
Yes, you can either list overall or break it down if you wish.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I would have to call the best one as being a toss up between three multi parters. They are "Lost City" , "The Siege" and "Allies/No Mans Land".

The worst one is likely the SGU one with using the stones to go clubbing and have body swapping sex. But then again most all SGU episodes qualify here. In "real" stargate it is likely "Brain Storm". Not because of "McKeller" (which I liked) but because the plot was like one of those low budget stinkers from The Asylum" that SyFy shows.

S

Stonelesscutter

I can't give any favourite or least favourite episodes, but there are some which jump out for me I guess. I loved the SG-1 episodes "Window of Opportunity", "200", "The Other Guys" and "Unending". I'm sure there's many more that I love but I can't remember them off the top of my head. But since we'll be rewatching the entire series there are bound to be more additions to that list at some point. The pilot "Children of the Gods" is pretty cool too. Some funny O'Neill one-liners in there.

As for worst episodes I couldn't possibly say at this point. Perhaps after having rewatched most of it. But considering all the series it would probably turn out to be some SG-A episode.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
One of the worst for me would be
(And I'm gonna get axed for this) :P

Vegas.

Not because it was an inherently *bad* episode, but where it was placed in the series and some of the really interesting things that could be done inside the stargate mythology were just left to this stand-alone ep. Perhaps *Bad* is the wrong descriptor, Disapointing would be far more accurate. :(
Of all the SG1/SGA eps, THIS one stands out as what something like SGU *could* have been.
(Yeah yeah, I know Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, it's still disapointing)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
One of the worst for me would be
(And I'm gonna get axed for this) :P

Vegas.

Not because it was an inherently *bad* episode, but where it was placed in the series and some of the really interesting things that could be done inside the stargate mythology were just left to this stand-alone ep. Perhaps *Bad* is the wrong descriptor, Disapointing would be far more accurate. :(
Of all the SG1/SGA eps, THIS one stands out as what something like SGU *could* have been.
(Yeah yeah, I know Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda, it's still disapointing)

I've read your post several times and I still can't figure out if I should be heavily insulted by it or in agreement with you. Keep in mind that I think "Vegas" was a great episode that held so much promise and also showcased the writing talents of the staff. My God, that episode represents everything that might have been... :(

So GF, either we are in complete agreement or we are now mortal enemies (with me being the Federation and you're the Borg :D ). Bytor and the Snowdog indeed!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I've read your post several times and I still can't figure out if I should be heavily insulted by it or in agreement with you. Keep in mind that I think "Vegas" was a great episode that held so much promise and also showcased the writing talents of the staff. My God, that episode represents everything that might have been... :(

So GF, either we are in complete agreement or we are now mortal enemies (with me being the Federation and you're the Borg :D ). Bytor and the Snowdog indeed!

+ infinity and some green.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Weren't we already enemies?? :D

It's a matter of perception really, Vegas WAS as good ep, it just had no place where it was positioned in the lineup.
And I agree wholeheartedly, Vegas is very, VERY much a "coulda, shoulda, woulda" ep, IF SGU had continued the tone of Vegas and had, ya know, likable characters fom the get go, I very much doubt it would have ended after the 2 seasons.
Ahh, the dreams of what may be, Shattered by the uncaring hammer of reality...............

Red Mage

Boney
I haven't seen all of SG-1 so I don't think it would be fair to declare a best or worst for that series. However for SGA and SGU:

SGA
Best: Rising
Worst: I don't know there were so many bad episodes that began with the letter "I" Inquisiton, Irresistable, Irresponsible, Identity, Infection etc Probably one of them.

SGU

Best: Time
Worst: Life

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
Not Gero's Fault

I would have to call the best one as being a toss up between three multi parters. They are "Lost City" , "The Siege" and "Allies/No Mans Land".

The worst one is likely the SGU one with using the stones to go clubbing and have body swapping sex. But then again most all SGU episodes qualify here. In "real" stargate it is likely "Brain Storm". Not because of "McKeller" (which I liked) but because the plot was like one of those low budget stinkers from The Asylum" that SyFy shows.

Every show on all of the NBC/Universal channels was asked to write an episode related to Global Climate Change for Green week. All of the shows BS'd their way out of the request except for SGA.