Starcry

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
But can it run Crysis? Well, the guy from the video's computer seems to be struggling a little bit. The dialogue seemed kinda cringe, but the combat seems very well done.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
But can it run Crysis? Well, the guy from the video's computer seems to be struggling a little bit. The dialogue seemed kinda cringe, but the combat seems very well done.
Yeah, it can run Crysis, but I no longer want to play it. It still hits 100% at times. The coding of the game seems wonky. Much better games run buttery smooth and barely hit 70% of my processor capacity. Let alone the VR games which are also silky smooth. I might give this Starcry a try.

EDIT: This is a mod for Crysis. So, I am going to have to fire it up and run it before I decide if I want to mod it.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
This did not work out. The game is running without maxing out, but it's WAY too glitchy.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Ok, some issues: The game version MUST be 1.21, and you have to run it in 32-bit only. I realized that I have the Remastered (2020) version and not the 1.21 version. With the mod overwrite files removed, the base game runs beautifully! Much better than I remembered. Now, I need to find a 1.21 version or earlier and patch it to 1.21. Running it in 32-bit is going to be tricky since I have a 64-bit machine. I do have several ways to do it though. Wish me luck! Once running, I can help you with it if you need it.

EDIT: Found a clean copy of the ISO on Internet Archive (free). You have to apply the 1.21 patch which is all over the place. Once done, you can play Starcry.

GAME: https://archive.org/details/crysisr_202110
Patch 1.21: https://www.moddb.com/games/crysis/downloads/patch-1-21-3

Last edited:

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I couldn't resist, and I started a game. This mod is AWESOME! The Starcry launcher allows you to up the settings and auto-tweak the game, and for me it runs as smooth as butter with absolutely no glitching or stuttering at all. WAY better than my remastered version. Looks almost as good too! They have created an entirely different game with your opening mission being going to Cheyenne Mountain to meet General Hammond. You ride in a military vehicle to Cheyenne Mountain and when you get inside you have to do a bunch of "training", and that's where I stopped playing for the night. I think I am going to love this! The opening cutscenes are even Stargate themed! It's hard to believe this is Crysis underneath. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Shadow Mann

Staff member
A lot of the issues with the game (there are a few) have to do with the dialogues. If you miss them, you can get stuck in rooms or places and not know what to do next.