Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker trailer 10/21/2019

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have now watched this about 4 times, and I am just not feeling it. :(. It looks nice, but the facepalm moments with 3PO saying he wanted to see his friends one last time made no sense when we see that it is Finn, Poe, Chewie and BB8 he is talking to. And why does Rey hug Leia as though they had some sort of bond? When did they form this bond? :confused0006:There were space "horses" running along the hull of a ship? Why? I will see it for sure, but not at a theater.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
there was nothing of interest in it other then the GHOST making an appearance

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
palpataine's voice?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes, Palpy's voice...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Star Wars could be delayed until May.
I watched that this morning. :icon_clap: Interesting news! Not entirely unexpected, but still fascinating. If they do indeed go with the speculated George Lucas idea, then they would have a new Skywalker to work with. If they do what the earlier leaks suggested, that will kill it in the same fashion as Worf killing Weyoun in DS9:

Worf kills Weyoun.gif

Star Wars needs to fuel merchandise sales, traffic to Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland and Disney World, the Mandalorian TV show, Disney+ streaming, and a seemingly endless list of connections to products and marketing plans. If they kill Star wars in the movies, the rest will continue to suffer. Two mediocre Star wars movies, a disjointed trilogy and a bombed spin off story have already done massive damage.