Star Wars: Clone Wars Cancelled

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is a long time coming. They cramed so much into the series-all happening in the realatively short period between the events of the 2 films. I mean how many times did they come so close to killing Dooku or Grievious?

Also, the aquisition of SW by Disney; no one should think that Disnet would allow a direct rival to carry their new product-I am surprised they are letting CN carry the last season.

I am interested to see what becomes of that pesky Ashoka Tano...

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
This is a long time coming. They cramed so much into the series-all happening in the realatively short period between the events of the 2 films. I mean how many times did they come so close to killing Dooku or Grievious?

Also, the aquisition of SW by Disney; no one should think that Disnet would allow a direct rival to carry their new product-I am surprised they are letting CN carry the last season.

I am interested to see what becomes of that pesky Ashoka Tano...
the last ep of season 5 kinda wrapped that "OK" ish tho and in a way many had predicted it would.

oh and note spoiler tags in here for anything s5 as Gf76 hasnt gotten there yet and wont for quite a while.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ever since they moved the show to Saturday morning I haven't seen it. As it is I could take it or leave it. Some episodes and story lines were really cool and others were as lame as all get out. That said, the cartoon was/is very well produced in terms of graphics. Quite stunning animation.

And I echo what Yongin said about how tedious it was with the villains of Dooku and Grievous since we all know that they would never be killed off in the cartoon. Never. Nothing like hobbling the show from the start with that stupidity.
I would love to see something from the SW universe that doesn't take place in the time line of the films. The boundaries would be off in a story like that.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ever since they moved the show to Saturday morning I haven't seen it. As it is I could take it or leave it. Some episodes and story lines were really cool and others were as lame as all get out. That said, the cartoon was/is very well produced in terms of graphics. Quite stunning animation.

And I echo what Yongin said about how tedious it was with the villains of Dooku and Grievous since we all know that they would never be killed off in the cartoon. Never. Nothing like hobbling the show from the start with that stupidity.
I would love to see something from the SW universe that doesn't take place in the time line of the films. The boundaries would be off in a story like that.

I dunno...I just cant watch cartoons anymore. :( It does not matter what they are about, I cant get past the colors and cartoon look of them. I can do CGI though. :) After watching Starship Troopers: Invasion, I can easily see watching more of that. But traditional cartoons just dont do it for me aymore. I have not seen one single episode of Clone Wars.

OMNI

clone wars is cg. or this version was atleast. but ape saying "stunning animation" i just have to call BS on that as its not sure some things are neat but no just no its cheap fast and FAR from stunning... LUCASARTS/ILM Singapore...... bleh.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
clone wars is cg. or this version was atleast. but ape saying "stunning animation" i just have to call BS on that as its not sure some things are neat but no just no its cheap fast and FAR from stunning... LUCASARTS/ILM Singapore...... bleh.

Yeah...it is CGI, but somehow the characters still look like teens or kids, and they do not look like adults. Some of it looks cool...

I would have a hard time watching this show, but who knows...with some proper herbal adjustment it might be cool to watch. :)

OMNI

Yeah...it is CGI, but somehow the characters still look like teens or kids, and they do not look like adults. Some of it looks cool...

I would have a hard time watching this show, but who knows...with some proper herbal adjustment it might be cool to watch. :)
its def toon-i-fied for sure, thats a styling choice yes but its also a cost related thing ie if you want it to look better it will take more time to produce and render it out and as we all know time = Money hnece the cheap crappyness stench over it well that and the Writing being for kids WHOs balls havnt dropped and wont for 15 or so years...

but yah with some Eerb its watchable.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
its def toon-i-fied for sure, thats a styling choice yes but its also a cost related thing ie if you want it to look better it will take more time to produce and render it out and as we all know time = Money hnece the cheap crappyness stench over it well that and the Writing being for kids WHOs balls havnt dropped and wont for 15 or so years...

but yah with some Eerb its watchable.

Dayamm...they should drop by age 10! I just hate it when they toon-i-fy (cool term) these things. Its like they feel if it is on Saturday morning, it has to appeal to kids. Dont they know that kids actually DO like stuff with adults in them? Family Guy was a cartoon, but the characters still feel very adult. They even managed to make the very old Batman and Superman cartoons seem more adult, and the Star Trek animated series was adult. Now, everything is dumbed down. :( Maybe I should watch some of it before forming an opinion, since I cannot really speak about this stuff without having seen much of it.

OMNI

Dayamm...they should drop by age 10! I just hate it when they toon-i-fy (cool term) these things. Its like they feel if it is on Saturday morning, it has to appeal to kids. Dont they know that kids actually DO like stuff with adults in them? Family Guy was a cartoon, but the characters still feel very adult. They even managed to make the very old Batman and Superman cartoons seem more adult, and the Star Trek animated series was adult. Now, everything is dumbed down. :( Maybe I should watch some of it before forming an opinion, since I cannot really speak about this stuff without having seen much of it.
naw no need.. animated clone wars is VERY much what you descriped and to go even further id claim its VERY much in the style and feel of phantom menace in the way what audience they target with it.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I'm speaking primarily of the background and the ships, etc. Not so much about the characters themselves, which became cartoonish in the prequel movies first if you think about it. The fight space are pretty cool with the various ships. I don't care so much for the light sabre duels though as they make the characters too rubbery and puppet like in their movements.

As it is we're talking about a cartoon here and the fact is that it's the cg is rendered very well. Perhaps you should send LucasArts your resume. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm speaking primarily of the background and the ships, etc. Not so much about the characters themselves, which became cartoonish in the prequel movies first if you think about it. The fight space are pretty cool with the various ships. I don't care so much for the light sabre duels though as they make the characters too rubbery and puppet like in their movements.

As it is we're talking about a cartoon here and the fact is that it's the cg is rendered very well. Perhaps you should send LucasArts your resume. ;)

Possibly not the best use of Omni's talents because:
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Clone_Wars_Team_Reportedly_Being_Disbanded_150781.asp
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Rumor_LucasArts_Hiring_Frozen_Studios_Fate_Uncertain_150808.asp

Better off going straight to Disney I would think.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

the eps i did catch when my son was watching that i liked were the ones that focused on the clones and their organization, etc. just gave a little more depth to the "men in white plastic"