Star Trek fan film repairs J.J. Abrams' broken Star Trek timeline

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbMVLtFGiy4&feature=player_embedded

http://uk.io9.com/5797110/star-trek-fan-film-repairs-jj-abrams-broken-star-trek-timeline

Don't really find this "funny"

I DID!

LMAO! That was awesome! They were basically dissing the new Enterprise (which is the only thing about the New Trek that I dont like) and replacing it with the CORRECT ship (the original design NCC1701). To any Trekkie from old school, it is at least humorous! GREEN!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is a bit funny. That said, the reality is that the only way to save Trek was to do what JJ Abrams did because the canon had just gotten too convoluted to keep following. At least Abrams "reboot" still preserves the original timeline - it is one of the cleverer reboots we've seen.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is a bit funny. That said, the reality is that the only way to save Trek was to do what JJ Abrams did because the canon had just gotten too convoluted to keep following. At least Abrams "reboot" still preserves the original timeline - it is one of the cleverer reboots we've seen.

I agree. But I really dont want them taking TOO much artistic license with the design of familiar ships from the alien races. I already hated the Romulan mining ship, I didnt like the Vulcan ship from the future either. I really dont want to see some illigically designed Romulan or Klingon warcruisers from this Trek.

Other things I didnt like:

1. The swirly transporter effect
  2. ALL of the sounds (too Jetsons). The shuttle made an electronic put put sound just like in a cartoon. I hope they stop that.
  3. The projectile phasers on the Enterprise. I liked solid beams better. Save the laser-machinegun effect for something else.
  4. The design of Enterprise or the Romulan ship or the Vulcan ship. I liked the new shuttles, though.
  5. The design of the Bridge and also the controls on the ship. Too much light, too many huge empty spaces.
But its still a GREAT reboot and I am glad to have it. :)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I agree. But I really dont want them taking TOO much artistic license with the design of familiar ships from the alien races. I already hated the Romulan mining ship, I didnt like the Vulcan ship from the future either. I really dont want to see some illigically designed Romulan or Klingon warcruisers from this Trek.

Other things I didnt like:

1. The swirly transporter effect
  2. ALL of the sounds (too Jetsons). The shuttle made an electronic put put sound just like in a cartoon. I hope they stop that.
  3. The projectile phasers on the Enterprise. I liked solid beams better. Save the laser-machinegun effect for something else.
  4. The design of Enterprise or the Romulan ship or the Vulcan ship. I liked the new shuttles, though.
  5. The design of the Bridge and also the controls on the ship. Too much light, too many huge empty spaces.

But its still a GREAT reboot and I am glad to have it. :)
Do you mean the bridge was too white and bright? If that's the case I agree!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I DID!

LMAO! That was awesome! They were basically dissing the new Enterprise (which is the only thing about the New Trek that I dont like) and replacing it with the CORRECT ship (the original design NCC1701). To any Trekkie from old school, it is at least humorous! GREEN!

I did just wake up lol, my brain probably didn't get it the first time. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Do you mean the bridge was too white and bright? If that's the case I agree!

Yeah, it was too Apple for my taste. The problem is not the white or even the light, but the WHY of the white and the light. It does not make good design sense to have a bridge designed like that. All those reflective surfaces and bright direct lighting doesnt make sense for a bridge. Not even a starship bridge. It is flair over function and thats not a good thing.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I DID!

Oh, come on! What's not to like about a flying beer factory with a built-in Apple store wrapped in a cool outer shell?

G

Graybrew1

I agree, I have always said this was perfect way to allow Star Trek to make decades more of series and movies...... then someday bring the tempororal police in to restore it back to the original canon for the real ending. :biggrin:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I agree, I have always said this was perfect way to allow Star Trek to make decades more of series and movies...... then someday bring the tempororal police in to restore it back to the original canon for the real ending. :biggrin:
Hmmm... sounds like we need JJ Abrams in the Stargate franchise. :rononwhistle: