Star Trek Discovery first episode FREEWATCH. Here's how and when.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Season 2 might be interesting to watch (at first) to see what changes the writers were forced to make to try and fix this sinking ship. It won't work of course but it will be funny to see how they try to make the characters more likable.

Then again, the producers might double-down on their stupidity and will give us more of the same crap story and crap characters we have now, thereby cementing the death of the show.

I think we will see an attempted "return" to a more traditional Trek, perhaps some attempted repair work on the canon, and trying to bring the obviously foreign Discovery timeline into the prime one. They will do like what they tried in SGU, to bring in old characters, perhaps an older iconic actor from one of the real Trek series. Maybe a ship from the TOS timeline? Who knows. There is no way to "feather in" the spore drive, or explain the different warp effects or the 3D communications tech, or the windshield on the starship :facepalm:

Remember this pathetic grasp at a ratings life raft they made when McKay appeared on SGU?

I think we will see an attempted "return" to a more traditional Trek, perhaps some attempted repair work on the canon, and trying to bring the obviously foreign Discovery timeline into the prime one. They will do like what they tried in SGU, to bring in old characters, perhaps an older iconic actor from one of the real Trek series. Maybe a ship from the TOS timeline? Who knows. There is no way to "feather in" the spore drive, or explain the different warp effects or the 3D communications tech, or the windshield on the starship :facepalm:

Remember this pathetic grasp at a ratings life raft they made when McKay appeared on SGU?

You're right, they could do this but just like SGU the producers won't be able to give up on their "super cool" story and the changes won't amount to much. The same elements that make the first season so horrible will still be in the show. After all, they can't exactly get rid of Michael or Lorca without it being obvious that they screwed up in the first place using them as main characters. And how can they possibly redeem such nasty characters? I don't think the viewers are gonna buy whatever dumb changes they make.

*I am loving watching the slow demise of this turd I have to admit. It's like everything we predicted is playing out. The arrogant writing, the bogus claims of success, and now the subtly desperate claim that the show is going to connect with the original ST-verse. It's all so pathetic. We've seen this movie before. :icon_lol:

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member
My question is why do they seem to have more advanced technology than Kirk's era? And why would they abandon the hyperspace tech rather than create organic components to interface with it? If we can grow meat in a tube in our century then they should be able to create organic interfaces that would allow a pilot to interface with the fireflies remotely.

Twalet Brash

GateFans Member

I didn't mind the show. What really bugged me was how the fat kid remained fat with food being scarce.

My question is why do they seem to have more advanced technology than Kirk's era? And why would they abandon the hyperspace tech rather than create organic components to interface with it? If we can grow meat in a tube in our century then they should be able to create organic interfaces that would allow a pilot to interface with the fireflies remotely.

The answer to your question is: bad writing. I'm not being facetious when I say that. The tech in this show isn't based on science because the writers have no genuine interest in science and physics as it pertains to future tech.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I didn't mind the show. What really bugged me was how the fat kid remained fat with food being scarce.

We had a HUGE discussion about that here! Most of us hated the show because we were already big fans of SG-1 and Atlantis. SGU was as different from what we knew of as Stargate as Discovery is from Trek like TNG and Voyager and DS9. And they messed with the universe and the way the stargates work and the premise itself. And those communications stones! :facepalm:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Besides you being right about the hyperspace tech, there shouldn't even BE any fireflies in this segment of the timeline they say they are in. There is nothing they can do to stitch it to the prime timeline or ANY part of the Star Trek timeline, including post Nemesis. It would look like this:

Vacanti_mouse.jpg