Spaceballs!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I've been fighting a respiratory infection this week, and just needed something to give me a good laugh. So, I pulled this out.

For those here who have not seen it, Spaceballs! is Mel Brooks hysterically funny riff on a lot of space based fantasy and science fiction. The main thing lampooned is Star Wars but he also riffs Star Trek, the Alien films and a host of others.

Acting is pretty good in it and like all Mel Brooks films the humor comes in an almost nonstop stream. Also like his other films not all of it scores, but enough does. Some things which really make me laugh were:

a) The basic idea of everyone being terrified of Rick Moranis.

b) The VCR joke - you need to see it to really "grok" it.

c) The dolls

And many others. If you have yet to see it I highly recommend it!

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Overmind, did you ever finally watch this? It is a supremely funny film!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Overmind, did you ever finally watch this? It is a supremely funny film!

Of course! I love this movie. :) I put it with my Austin Powers movies for rewatches. While you are bedded down, you should watch Idiocracy. It made me laugh when I was sick (and was somewhat painful lol). But the humor is so funny! Thos movie is a classic. It helps to get the references and be a Star Wars and Trek fan do do that!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Idiocracy is funny that is true.

Where else can we meet President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho and his intrepid Vice President Not Sure.