Space Brothers

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The Live Action film was good up until the ending which stunk royally. The filmmakers stupidly used an ending the anime originally used for the second series (Comet Empire) but the fan reaction was so negative to it that they actually refilmed the last episodes of that serial and wrote a different ending.
To be honest, I have not watched it dude. The only subtitled movies I own are Nightwatch and Daywatch
(Which reminds me, I have not watched them in ages, and the kids are back at school now...............)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
To be honest, I have not watched it dude. The only subtitled movies I own are Nightwatch and Daywatch
(Which reminds me, I have not watched them in ages, and the kids are back at school now...............)

I really dont like subtitled ANYTHING. Dub me or leave me. :) I can deal with subtitles when it is just a few passages in a movie or show, but not an entire movie or show.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I can live with subtitles, I just don't watch many movies that need them.
I really should however.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I can live with subtitles, I just don't watch many movies that need them.
I really should however.

I actively avoid them unless somebody tells me that I REEEEEAAAALLLLYYYY need to watch some foreign film. :) An example was "Ricky".

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Why go out of your way to not watch them?
I'm willing to give most movies or shows a go -unless I know beforehand the subject materiel will just not interest me-. Even then I may watch some if given the right recommendation. Hell, I watched the Devil wears Prada with Tropi back in the day :lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why go out of your way to not watch them?
I'm willing to give most movies or shows a go -unless I know beforehand the subject materiel will just not interest me-. Even then I may watch some if given the right recommendation. Hell, I watched the Devil wears Prada with Tropi back in the day :lol:

LOVE that movie. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
It's "The Breakfast Club" as played by knob-headed adults.

ecgordon

Star's Hero
I just watched the first episode of Space Brothers on Hulu. Too soon to tell how much I'll like it, but it was a good start. It looks like they only have the first 13 episodes available so far.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I just watched the first episode of Space Brothers on Hulu. Too soon to tell how much I'll like it, but it was a good start. It looks like they only have the first 13 episodes available so far.
It's available here for free legally: http://www.crunchyroll.com/space-brothers
Watch all the animated series first before this live action one . They did a great job with both ...
What am I saying !!! They did a fantastic job with both !!!
The opening song for the movie is right over the top though lol !!! Do they not get translators lol ???

:) :) :)
http://www.viki.com/videos/1053323v-space-brothers?q=Space Brothers
What the hell, they did a live action version? Well shit, looks like I will be sleeping very little tonight...