Smallville

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I agree the show has been missing something since he's been gone. I found Sr. over the top however.
indeed after he left the show turned into a cheese fest imo so i sort of stopped watching and only glanced at an ep or two since then but of course one has to see the finale :P
oh yes Sr was way way way over the top..

Omni, where's all your avi's and siggies gone? strange to see your name pop up without some art attached :(
ill tell you about it sometime ;)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I've been rewatching this 2 seasons worth, it is just sooooo bad. The writing is so terrible, been waiting for things to pick up but alas. I don't understand the need to compensate 'lack of story' with melodrama, happens too often.

Anyways, they are coming out with this new show about the Green Arrow called Arrow. It looks like a terrible attempt at being a Batman clone with typical CW rich white people melodrama.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
doesnt rate much higher then Lois and Clark imo.

At least Lois and Clark didn't hide the fact that it was cartoonish verses Smallville which is just heavy emo high school drama. I can't stand this new trend to make high school kids act like 30-something adults with all the attending grown up issues.

Bluce Ree

At least Lois and Clark didn't hide the fact that it was cartoonish verses Smallville which is just heavy emo high school drama. I can't stand this new trend to make high school kids act like 30-something adults with all the attending grown up issues.

The entire 80's was about 30-somethings playing teens. Heck, if we go further back, in the 50's it was 40-somethings playing teens.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
The entire 80's was about 30-somethings playing teens. Heck, if we go further back, in the 50's it was 40-somethings playing teens.

So if we go back even further will it be at some point, 30-something year olds playing 50-year olds?

Bluce Ree

So if we go back even further will it be at some point, 30-something year olds playing 50-year olds?

There is no such equilibrium point. If we go even further back, it just gets more screwed up, like all actors are male, including the ones who play female parts.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There is no such equilibrium point. If we go even further back, it just gets more screwed up, like all actors are male, including the ones who play female parts.

You said "female parts", tee hee! :haha: