SGU nominated for 2 Emmys!

...for special effects in Air and Space. In other words, the same nominations all the other stargate shows have received over the years. Bully for the CGI team but a big trombone wah wah wah to anyone who thought that this 'darker' show with more mainstream actors would get any recognition for acting or writing. Where is that blogger who insisted that if Ming Na and Robert Carlyle didn't get an Emmy nomination the universe was unjust? :lol:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
circle square circle said:
...for special effects in Air and Space. In other words, the same nominations all the other stargate shows have received over the years. Bully for the CGI team but a big trombone wah wah wah to anyone who thought that this 'darker' show with more mainstream actors would get any recognition for acting or writing. Where is that blogger who insisted that if Ming Na and Robert Carlyle didn't get an Emmy nomination the universe was unjust? :lol:

Yeah i noticed no one has commented that the other stargate shows got nominated too. the fanboiz are squeeing though.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
Not as awarding winning as expected. Too Bad join the crowd. Did anything ever happen that would make someone tear their eyes out. Wasn't that the analogy used to describe the events or lack of events for the 1.5 season? I must have missed it in the reviews.

It's like I told my daughter's college art teacher. Crap is crap, there is no ranking. :lol:

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Yep, but no nominations for acting or storylines. Much like Titanic. Plus with 90% of the stories revolving around one or two indoor sets, and the same view of the ship over and over, they can spend up big on effects for the few minutes during one or two episodes when it's used. :roll:

Still, the fanbois can squee all they like, but the truth is that the show has been awarded for it's stories or acting, and the effects are done by another company that has nothing to do with the said stories or actors.

MissSGA

GateFans Noob
I've noticed. Oh my ... TPTB must be on cloud XXX right now. Their so cool, realistic, blahblahblah, new baby is nominated! Wow! I'm pretty sure fanbois squeeing their lungs out of their bodys, I hear a small echo from elsewhere ... Please, not more awards and nominations! In the other way TPTB and fanbois are completley out of reality!

Isn't that the same CGI-people who have worked for SG-1 and Atlantis?

Deity59

GateFans Noob
I think we should make a website and let people vote for the worst acting, directing, show, etc... and call the awards the Hammies.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Yep, but no nominations for acting or storylines. Much like Titanic. Plus with 90% of the stories revolving around one or two indoor sets, and the same view of the ship over and over, they can spend up big on effects for the few minutes during one or two episodes when it's used. :roll:

Still, the fanbois can squee all they like, but the truth is that the show has been awarded for it's stories or acting, and the effects are done by another company that has nothing to do with the said stories or actors.

It certainly makes me wonder where all the money for the show goes.............. I'm guessing it is blown on the actors' inflated wages.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Omnipotent knows alot more about this than i do, but come on, VFX? That's the part TPTB have the LEAST part in. Hahahaha! It's like that old movie, PLanet of the Dinosaurs where the producer wasted all the money on awesome claymation and the plot was completely non-sensical. It STILL won awards though! LOL

They might win just because the VFX actually are pretty damn good, but it doesn't help the ratings ONE BIT! When this show is cancelled, TPTB can masturbate with those emmys all they want because other BETTER shows willl have gotten the Emmys that matter like "Best writing" and "best Actors" and other MEANINFUL awards that aren't judging a technical scale! :P

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
They won for CGI, not acting or whatever. I believe the CGI team has to be the same and I remember someone saying that SG1 and SGA always got the nomination as well.