SG-1 season 10 episode "200" is not actually episode 200

S

Stonelesscutter

Okay, I have a question for everyone. I've been counting the SG-1 episodes and as it turns out by my calculations the episode titled "200" is actually episode number 199. I counted the episodes from my dvd-boxes and after that I counted the episodes on the episode lists at Gateworld. Both times I reached this same conclusion. I included the pilot episode "Children of the Gods" in my count as 1. If I were to count it double then ofcourse I would reach 200 instead of 199 but I think it was meant as a single episode. Also I can not count the "Stargate" movie because that was not a part of the series and was not even made by the same people.

You might ask me why I did even bother to count these episodes. Well, I'm in the process of once again putting all my Stargate episodes on a harddrive. I say once again because I lost all of it when my drive broke down and I had to get a replacement. Anyway, I'm going to number the episodes, but just after I finished with the pilot I started wondering if I had to include that in the count as number 1 or number 0, already keeping in mind there is an episode titled "200". Then I discovered that I have to count it but then things still don't add up.

Now. What shall I do with the numbering?

G

Graybrew1

Was The pilot shown in two parts? I bet that is what it is if it was. When in syndication it would be broken down and shown in two parts and so would count as two eps???

S

Stonelesscutter

The dvd-box says it's one ep. Also it is on disc as one track. Gateworld also says it's one ep. I doubt they would show a pilot episode that is in actuality one ep split into two seperate eps. But I didn't see it when it was first aired so I can't be 100% certain.

G

Graybrew1

The dvd-box says it's one ep. Also it is on disc as one track. Gateworld also says it's one ep. I doubt they would show a pilot episode that is in actuality one ep split into two seperate eps. But I didn't see it when it was first aired so I can't be 100% certain.
Maybe not in the beginning, but in US in syndication they do stuff like that all the time. Or perhaps they simply could not count. :P

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
the pilot counts as 2 episodes and so does sga's pilot and sgu's pilot.

OMNI

well you are infact 100% wrong.

OMNI

Since you're so keen to be snarky about it, why don't you provide a decent foundation for your statement? Perhaps actual proof of some sort.
i dont need to as i know that im right and your reluctance to accept this and start a pointless thread about it screams of stupidity.

S

Stonelesscutter

i dont need to as i know that im right and your reluctance to accept this and start a pointless thread about it screams of stupidity.

You are wrong. It is in fact your behaviour towards other people that screams of stupidity. Rather than coming back with a decent response you choose to badger people. You feel no need to do so because in your mind you are godlike and your opinion is the truth. This is a telltale sign of ignorance. But the way you're acting is not merely childish. It has the characteristics of a bully. Someone who feels the need to make himself bigger than others by having a loud mouth and pushing people around. It usually comes from a deepseated inferiority complex of which the person in question probably isn't even aware. So why don't you do everybody a favour and go find yourself a decent shrink so you can cry away the pain that tortures your soul.

G

Graybrew1

Some people say there is no such thing as a bad question, if you truly want to know the answer. You are simply trying to better yourself by acquiring more knowledge.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Wasn't it called 200 because Col. Mitchell was making his 200th trip through the gate? ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Wasn't it called 200 because Col. Mitchell was making his 200th trip through the gate? ;)

Good catch. But in the article about the episode on Gateworld there is a multitude of comments by Mallozzi and others saying that they wanted to do something special for the 200st episode and such.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good catch. But in the article about the episode on Gateworld there is a multitude of comments by Mallozzi and others saying that they wanted to do something special for the 200st episode and such.

Children of the God was a two part episode and counts for two. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Gods

On The MGM website, it is listed as a single episode, but the season order was 22 episodes and Season 1 was 21 episodes (actually 22 counting COTG as two episodes, just as agreed). MGM reference is here: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/1/index.html

Being my favorite Stargate show, I also know that Season 1 is the ONLY season that 21 episodes were listed (actually 22 as stated earlier). Seasons 2 through 7 each had a 22 episode order, and Season 8 - 10 had 20 episode orders. Hope this helps.

S

Stonelesscutter

Children of the God was a two part episode and counts for two. Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Gods

On The MGM website, it is listed as a single episode, but the season order was 22 episodes and Season 1 was 21 episodes (actually 22 counting COTG as two episodes, just as agreed). MGM reference is here: http://stargate.mgm.com/view/series/1/index.html

Being my favorite Stargate show, I also know that Season 1 is the ONLY season that 21 episodes were listed (actually 22 as stated earlier). Seasons 2 through 7 each had a 22 episode order, and Season 8 - 10 had 20 episode orders. Hope this helps.

Thanks. That does help. :) Now I have to renumber a whole lot of episodes. Again. :(