SG-1 Season 09: General Discussion Thread

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
Many people hate the Ori storyline. I understand where they are coming from. I enjoyed it. The whole Arthur mythology was fine plus the Ancient vs Ori crusade theme.

Am I the only one in love with their ships? The front looks like a face from the side. I can't believe they didn't show us much more of them from the inside. Just the bedrooms, some corridors and the Prior room. Meh.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
The Ori arc was the first storyline I saw when I was introduced to stargate. So I guess I don't mind. Season nine was very good IMO. It was very focused on the Ori storyline compared to season 10. As for the Ori ships, they've earned the nickname from GW as the Toilet Bowl ships.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked the Ori story arc too.

Many people hate the Ori storyline. I understand where they are coming from. I enjoyed it. The whole Arthur mythology was fine plus the Ancient vs Ori crusade theme.

Am I the only one in love with their ships? The front looks like a face from the side. I can't believe they didn't show us much more of them from the inside. Just the bedrooms, some corridors and the Prior room. Meh.

I liked the Ori story arc, but not as much as the Goa'uld story arc. I would rather have seen some Ancients or Nox or even Furlings first. I also did like the Ori ships, but their design did not make sense with the center "glow" thing going. It seemed more to me that the Ori symbol needed to be repeated in every possible way, from the collar around the priors, to the shape of the staffs and the ships too.

But what about the Lucian Alliance? What are your thoughts on them?

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
There was only 6 episodes where they mention them in SG1. SG1 didn't consider them as important and got pass them without breaking a sweat.

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
The kassa people? They were really lame in SG-1, it was a bit weird going from a rag tag bunch of inbred hicks that got owned every single time with hilarious results in SG-1 to the threat that destroyed Icarus, almost killed Carter twice and took over Destiny in SGU.

But TPTB are truly talented and surely know what they are doing. Besides, using them in SGU shows that you can always use what you already have in a better way. I think this was the case.

My main problem with S9 and S10 was how they turned badass Vala into a joke. That guy from the Leno show even guest starred has her father, for god's sake. What were they thinking?!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, you agree with the choice of the Lucian Alliance as the main SGU enemy?

The kassa people? They were really lame in SG-1, it was a bit weird going from a rag tag bunch of inbred hicks that got owned every single time with hilarious results in SG-1 to the threat that destroyed Icarus, almost killed Carter twice and took over Destiny in SGU.

But TPTB are truly talented and surely know what they are doing. Besides, using them in SGU shows that you can always use what you already have in a better way. I think this was the case.

My main problem with S9 and S10 was how they turned badass Vala into a joke. That guy from the Leno show even guest starred has her father, for god's sake. What were they thinking?!

So, you are okay with this group of inbred hicks suddenly being able to completely destroy Icarus and sending the Hammond running into hyperspace with its engines between its legs? And after that, they manage to get their hands on another Icarus planet, and board Destiny and take it over?

plotholes.jpg

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
So, you are okay with this group of inbred hicks suddenly being able to completely destroy Icarus and sending the Hammond running into hyperspace with its engines between its legs? And after that, they manage to get their hands on another Icarus planet, and board Destiny and take it over?

View attachment 756

I find more ridiculous the incursion of the Genii on Atlantis. At least the LA has some ships, knowledge and true manpower. We'll see what they do aboard the Destiny in the second season.

In SG-1 their leader was a dumbass, can't remember the name, Neton? So it seems a change in the leadership was the factor. Kiva would beat Kolya's ass every day of the week and twice on weekends.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
There whole Alliance was in disarray the last time we left them. With Netan dead and all the seconds fighting for first power...They could of thrown us a bone and explained how Kiva, who wasn't even a second came into power.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay...

I find more ridiculous the incursion of the Genii on Atlantis. At least the LA has some ships, knowledge and true manpower. We'll see what they do aboard the Destiny in the second season.

In SG-1 their leader was a dumbass, can't remember the name, Neton? So it seems a change in the leadership was the factor. Kiva would beat Kolya's ass every day of the week and twice on weekends.

I agree with the comment about Kiva. They wrote her as completely ruthless and definitely in charge. But how did she get there in leadership? Robert Knepper is going to be introduced as a villain, but all of this means one thing: MORE drama and LESS Stargate. MORE love triangles, and LESS exploration.

The second season gets off on the wrong foot right off the bat. It is a continuation of an already low rated "cliffhanger", and we already know from the season 2 trailer that TJ survives her injuries, and by its conspicuous absence in the trailer, we can safely assume the baby did not. We can also assume that at some point early in the season that the crew of Destiny gets back control (perhaps shared control?). We shouldnt be able to predict these things like this, and especially not see them in a trailer. More communications stones, more soapy "character moments". :facepalm:

To me, the most interesting story line of this show is its imminent cancellation and all the wrong decisions and the fracturing of the fandom caused by this show. I enjoy coming here more than watching SGU.

S

Stonelesscutter

The Lucian Alliance were a bunch of lame-ass motherfuckers just as the genii were in Atlantis.
Where the hell did they get the name anyway? Some dude named Lucious thought it up?
Makes me think of that guy in some Atlantis episodes that everybody supposedly loves and wants to know how people "get their hair to go like that".

Also I think the Ori storyline was okay, but had a lot more potential than what it turned out to be.
However the scene where Vala got burned alive was breathtaking and something no Stargate fan would have expected I suppose.
Still the Goa'uld storyline was far more engrossing.
I just love them. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Welcome back!!!!

The Lucian Alliance were a bunch of lame-ass motherfuckers just as the genii were in Atlantis.
Where the hell did they get the name anyway? Some dude named Lucious thought it up?
Makes me think of that guy in some Atlantis episodes that everybody supposedly loves and wants to know how people "get their hair to go like that".

Also I think the Ori storyline was okay, but had a lot more potential than what it turned out to be.
However the scene where Vala got burned alive was breathtaking and something no Stargate fan would have expected I suppose.
Still the Goa'uld storyline was far more engrossing.
I just love them. :D

DUDE! Where have you been? I missed that dildo avatar! Im glad you are back before the party starts! This place should be a hoot...

:welcomewagon:

The Goa'uld were the best. They could have continued with them. This show actually NEEDS English speaking aliens now, and not the Lucian Alliance. Since the Lucian Alliance are aliens and humanoid and English speaking, they have already violetd their rule about not having them. And they better add in a "square jawed hero" into the mix for the ladies (in Mallozzi-speak, 'square jawed hero" = handsome male lead). Where is our female scientist in this show? Where is our "Mr. Scott/Engineer?". Rush doesnt cut it. He just seems like a brilliant but DEEPLY disturbed sociopath.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Vala getting burned alive was surprising:icon_eek:. SG1 season 9 was the first season I bought and it left me freaked out for reruns to come

S

Stonelesscutter

DUDE! Where have you been? I missed that dildo avatar! Im glad you are back before the party starts! This place should be a hoot...

Yeah I haven't been around much have I :roll:
Sorry bout that.
I guess I found I had other stuff to do.
Also I remember the errors I kept getting were driving me crazy.
Later found out they were due to the skin I was using for the site.
But anywayz I thought I'd come over and see if the site was still up and about.
I noticed by the way my old profile was gone so I made a new one.
Also I noticed some people have been banned, what's up with that?

The Goa'uld were the best. They could have continued with them. This show actually NEEDS English speaking aliens now, and not the Lucian Alliance. Since the Lucian Alliance are aliens and humanoid and English speaking, they have already violetd their rule about not having them. And they better add in a "square jawed hero" into the mix for the ladies (in Mallozzi-speak, 'square jawed hero" = handsome male lead). Where is our female scientist in this show? Where is our "Mr. Scott/Engineer?". Rush doesnt cut it. He just seems like a brilliant but DEEPLY disturbed sociopath.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...
Goa'uld ROCK!!!
I want a Ba'al-like dude to seize Destiny and be a general pain in the butt.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I didn't mind the Ori story arc so much just the deliever was poor......................... medieval villages & religious fanatics? I wanted sci-fi not fantasy! & we got 2 seasons & 1 movie of it. Would have been good to have seen more of the elusive Ancients aswell.

S

Stonelesscutter

Aaaa yes them ancients. Always hiding behind their rules of none-interference.
How convenient for the writers ey.
Would love to see more of them for sure.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Welcome back Stonelescutter. As we have speculated, the writers are now dabbling in the Occult, and Magic seems to be the new buzzword. So where does one get the goods on Magic? Why, Harry Potter Of course. After all, JKR made gajillions with those books. So as usual, the writers "love to borrow" stuff off other shows, books, etc., they decided to Borrow Lucious Malfoy's name and made it the Lucian Alliance.. So along with Seances, Possesing Other's bodies, Planar travel and Astral Projection, the only thing left behing is Tarrot Card readings and Palm Readings. :)

They already have palm readings given by Chloe (except everywhere else in the Universe they are called hand jobs).

deco

GateFans Noob

first at least the genii where going to try to steal smth that they dindt have and that was mostly c4,
second what are the reasons for the LA to go on boar of destiny in the first place?
unless is to kill all of them i support the LA on board them :D