SG-1 Season 04: General Discussion Thread

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so season 4 now, once again

In the beginning of ep 1, notice how carter has a new hairstyle when they get back from wherever they went to with thor at the end of season 3? Teal'c's "blonde ambition" "sorta goatee" is very noticeable of course

question-if they smell bad enough for gen hammond and daniel to comment on their ranc, how is it teal'c managed to groom is facial hair into this design? where did he get the dye? how did jack manage to not grow a beard? Hmm? Hmmm? :rolleye0014:

its just one of them "nags"

(oh yeah- dr frasier has a new doo as well)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
so season 4 now, once again

In the beginning of ep 1, notice how carter has a new hairstyle when they get back from wherever they went to with thor at the end of season 3? Teal'c's "blonde ambition" "sorta goatee" is very noticeable of course

question-if they smell bad enough for gen hammond and daniel to comment on their ranc, how is it teal'c managed to groom is facial hair into this design? where did he get the dye? how did jack manage to not grow a beard? Hmm? Hmmm? :rolleye0014:

its just one of them "nags"

(oh yeah- dr frasier has a new doo as well)

Dude, it's questions like this that gets me in trouble. Once I start asking them I can't help but watch a show from that point on with a critical eye.

The lack of continuity in seasonal breaks is something that really bugs me. Case in point, on Haven they ended the second season with Duke having short hair and when they resumed the third season, which they made a point of explaining happens a couple hours after the season two finale, Duke has long, stringy, highlighted hair. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Dude, it's questions like this that gets me in trouble. Once I start asking them I can't help but watch a show from that point on with a critical eye.

The lack of continuity in seasonal breaks is something that really bugs me. Case in point, on Haven they ended the second season with Duke having short hair and when they resumed the third season, which they made a point of explaining happens a couple hours after the season two finale, Duke has long, stringy, highlighted hair. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

with the older shows its understandable-a bit- with newer ones and the advent of being able to watch the whole series without weekly or season breaks-these 'quirks' pop out and in the open for all to dissect --those of us who are afflicted with the "pickiness bug" that is :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
with the older shows its understandable-a bit- with newer ones and the advent of being able to watch the whole series without weekly or season breaks-these 'quirks' pop out and in the open for all to dissect --those of us who are afflicted with the "pickiness bug" that is :)

Well I know older shows used to have someone on staff devoted to "continuity" when it came to things like how someone looks, where props were placed, etc. It seems that's not the case anymore which is surprising as the producers know that fans of shows are very savvy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well I know older shows used to have someone on staff devoted to "continuity" when it came to things like how someone looks, where props were placed, etc. It seems that's not the case anymore which is surprising as the producers know that fans of shows are very savvy.

obviously, those personnel were one of the firsts in the cost cutting...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
obviously, those personnel were one of the firsts in the cost cutting...

And I blame today's audiences for being such slack-jawed morons that they aren't discerning enough to know when they're being insulted. :(