Season opener

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Just saw the season opener of Clone Wars last night on Cartoon Network. Have to say I'm not feeling it. I had the same problem with the last season. Some episodes were good and some were downright boring. This one about the underwater world having a civil war was boring and unsatisfying. It could have been much better. I do expect some of the upcoming episodes to be good though.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Just saw the season opener of Clone Wars last night on Cartoon Network. Have to say I'm not feeling it. I had the same problem with the last season. Some episodes were good and some were downright boring. This one about the underwater world having a civil war was boring and unsatisfying. It could have been much better. I do expect some of the upcoming episodes to be good though.

I know I'm being repetitive but I wish Lucas would use his talents to come up with something new rather than rehashing and beating that dead horse over and over again. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Was it the Mon Calamari/Quarren civil war Shaved?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Was it the Mon Calamari/Quarren civil war Shaved?

Oh God yes, it was. I wish I could get that hour of my life back. When it ended I sat there wondering what the hell I had just watched, it was that convoluted and pointless at the same time. Yawn, yawn, big old yawn.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I know I'm being repetitive but I wish Lucas would use his talents to come up with something new rather than rehashing and beating that dead horse over and over again. :(

OMG, have you ever seen the Red Letter Media reviews of the last 3 Star Wars films? I almost peed myself laughing they're so vicious. The guy skewers George Lucas for being the dumb ass that he is.

And with Clone Wars you know that Lucas can always claim that someone else is handling that and it isn't film canon, only animation canon, blah blah freakin' blah. And not to give away any spoilers for the latest episode but Jar Jar freakin' Binks -- AGAIN??? How is it that the writers of anything Star Wars haven't figured out how hated and reviled the whole Jar Jar thing is? Seriously, WTF?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm watching the Red Media Letter reviews now. I can't stop laughing. :icon_lol:

Why are they so obsessed with keeping Jar Jar Binks around? I don't think I've ever heard or read anything positive about that character.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Yeah, "Plinkett" or whatever that dude's name is who does the reviews is hilarious. He's also spot on with his criticism. He points out countless flaws from Lucas to the point that it's almost exhausting. The gaffes just keep coming and coming and coming from good old, ego maniacal George.

And I actually liked the Red Letter reviews better than the actual movies.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My Plinkett feelings are mixed.

On the good side he does a brilliant job of spelling out the plot and other issues (for example the section in the Revenge of the Sith review where he details exactly why and how the only way for Palpatine's plan to even get off the ground - much less work - is for every other character to be mind blowing stupid).

On the bad side he gets extremely vulgar and lewd in his presentation. Had he not done that I could recommend the reviews without reservation.