S2E3 "Compass" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
In the name of both peace and rainbows, let's only discuss the things that we liked about this episode. :nono:

Those dragon fire rounds were certainly cool.

I liked that winter is actually coming and that they need to prepare for it.

Ben's spine spikes lighting up was a pretty cool special effect.

I liked the chick in the prop plane.

Pope is now free to trash America as he feels fit. :tongue:

And we finally got to see the kiss that many saw coming from day one.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
In the name of both peace and rainbows, let's only discuss the things that we liked about this episode. :nono:

Those dragon fire rounds were certainly cool.

I liked that winter is actually coming and that they need to prepare for it.

Ben's spine spikes lighting up was a pretty cool special effect.

I liked the chick in the prop plane.

Pope is now free to trash America as he feels fit. :tongue:

And we finally got to see the kiss that many saw coming from day one.

I have not seen this show at all, let alone this episode, but I have to say that I like it! Yes, it just dawned on me that this episode must have been good because it's an episode on a show that people watch on tv and if it's still on tv after 2 seasons it must be darn good!

Plus, there was a kiss in this episode! How utterly AWESOME!

pussinboots.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I have not seen this show at all, let alone this episode, but I have to say that I like it! Yes, it just dawned on me that this episode must have been good because it's an episode on a show that people watch on tv and if it's still on tv after 2 seasons it must be darn good!

Plus, there was a kiss in this episode! How utterly AWESOME!

View attachment 7254

You really don't need to watch Falling Skies - you can just love it instinctively as its creator(s) intended.

Always remember that an open mind can be filled forever...

imagesCAN8KT0T.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The episode wasn't bad. The regiment had a decision to make about where to try to go and that decision comes with a question as to whether the visitor they had and her information were genuine (my guess is no they are not). The kiss wasn't an issue as it was in context to the story.

That said, the women need to start looking grimy and unkempt too - right now they still are too glamorous.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
The episode wasn't bad. The regiment had a decision to make about where to try to go and that decision comes with a question as to whether the visitor they had and her information were genuine (my guess is no they are not). The kiss wasn't an issue as it was in context to the story.

That said, the women need to start looking grimy and unkempt too - right now they still are too glamorous.
Amazing, isn't it, how with such limited resources, the wimminfolk can stay clean, well-coiffed and find the time to apply all that makeup so necessary to keep the vile aliens at bay?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Amazing, isn't it, how with such limited resources, the wimminfolk can stay clean, well-coiffed and find the time to apply all that makeup so necessary to keep the vile aliens at bay?

If you're gonna get squashed by an unstoppable alien invasion force, why not go out in style? Stay positive!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You guys are such freaks sometimes! LOL! :laughing:

Okay, about this episode, is it just me or was it not that interesting? I mean, this show is just not grabbing me. I don't exactly hate it but over all I just don't care much about the characters. All the adults act like total morons and their squabbles are inane. The only one who is interesting is the half-alien kid. He's got some balls but the writers are already trying to make that a bad thing, sigh...

And stop with the hand wringing "I-love-you-you're-my-sons-we-are-a-family-let's-all-hug" crapola. We get it, you're a family. Congratulations! That's a feat that's never been done before, belonging to a family and all. :apthy:

Also, the animosity and antagonism they're trying to write between Pope and literally everyone else on the show is just too forced and not believable. In fact, it's tedious and boring. They've already got the aliens as the bad guy so they don't need a human one. That's just getting dumb.

Anyway, not sure what the ratings are like for this season so far but I'm wondering how long it will last. Like I said earlier it's not anywhere near as bad as The Walking Dead but it does seem to be losing steam and I, for one, am losing interest. As it is I'm already sick and tired of "Tom" and would be fine if he got eaten by an alien or a human, or both. (Can I get an "Amen!"?)

Oh, and poor "Jimmy". Let's have a moment of silence please. :icon_rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Please note we're not all doing that. We are showing amusement and some of the forced angst and also on the miracle of how all the women (even the one that flew in during the episode) are clean and well groomed and coiffed. That actually reminded me of Tim Burton's terrible "Planet of the Apes" where all the women slaves had the best lip gloss...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You guys are such freaks sometimes! LOL! :laughing:

Okay, about this episode, is it just me or was it not that interesting? I mean, this show is just not grabbing me. I don't exactly hate it but over all I just don't care much about the characters. All the adults act like total morons and their squabbles are inane. The only one who is interesting is the half-alien kid. He's got some balls but the writers are already trying to make that a bad thing, sigh...

And stop with the hand wringing "I-love-you-you're-my-sons-we-are-a-family-let's-all-hug" crapola. We get it, you're a family. Congratulations! That's a feat that's never been done before, belonging to a family and all. :apthy:

Also, the animosity and antagonism they're trying to write between Pope and literally everyone else on the show is just too forced and not believable. In fact, it's tedious and boring. They've already got the aliens as the bad guy so they don't need a human one. That's just getting dumb.

Anyway, not sure what the ratings are like for this season so far but I'm wondering how long it will last. Like I said earlier it's not anywhere near as bad as The Walking Dead but it does seem to be losing steam and I, for one, am losing interest. As it is I'm already sick and tired of "Tom" and would be fine if he got eaten by an alien or a human, or both. (Can I get an "Amen!"?)

Oh, and poor "Jimmy". Let's have a moment of silence please. :icon_rolleyes:
Are you addressing I?

(Green to the first one who gets the reference)