S06E12 - "Closing Time" (S32E12)

Tropicana

Council Member
DrWho_Manual_Banner.jpg

Synopsis:

In the last few days of his life, the Doctor pays a farewell visit to his old friend Craig, and encounters a mystery, as the time-travelling drama continues. People are going missing, a silver rat scuttles in the shadows of a department store, and somewhere close by the Cybermen are waiting…

Preview:

[video=youtube;KHB-iT7QpIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHB-iT7QpIM

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 24 September 2011, 7:10PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 24 September 2011, 9PM/8PM Central

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
No comments from our UK friends yet? I'm ready to watch this one in 15 minutes. :)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Just when I thought this one was just going to be a fun filler episode they throw in a lot of plot at the end. It looks like we are going back to the beginning of the season. :cool:

So does the Doctor have a man-crush on Craig or is it the other way around? ;) :P

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
We pretty much knew this episode was the stage setter for the finale, which had to deal with the death of the Doctor that occured in episode 1. First he had to drop off Amy and Rory - done in last episode. Then the events here had to occur - done. Now we're all set.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've actually got Dr Who fatigue. We all know he isn't going to be killed off permanently. :roll: Alex Kingston is great but the rest of it is just getting annoying. Do they ever kill off companions? No, they don't, so basically no one of importance is ever in any real danger. Yawn.

G

Graybrew1

Well I watched it. I am a noob to it, for sure, but I enjoyed the show.
I think that they have found a way to fight through the Cybermen and we got some info about the Past/Future. I am looking forward to next week. :icon_e_wink:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I've actually got Dr Who fatigue. We all know he isn't going to be killed off permanently. :roll: Alex Kingston is great but the rest of it is just getting annoying. Do they ever kill off companions? No, they don't, so basically no one of importance is ever in any real danger. Yawn.

They killed a companion more than once in Classic Who. NuWho not so much (childrens show) but he has lost people important to him even in NuWho (like Adelaide, Constantine, Donna (not dead but mindwipe)).

The episode did exactly what it needed to do - gave us a good adventure while at the same time putting all the pieces in place for the finale. Basically we've come to the other end of a Predestination Paradox and what remains to be seen is exactly how things play out. For one thing, isn't this the wrong Doctor going to the lake (the one shot was 200 years older)? Or did the correct Doctor deliberately misstate his age in the premiere?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They killed a companion more than once in Classic Who. NuWho not so much (childrens show) but he has lost people important to him even in NuWho (like Adelaide, Constantine, Donna (not dead but mindwipe)).

The episode did exactly what it needed to do - gave us a good adventure while at the same time putting all the pieces in place for the finale. Basically we've come to the other end of a Predestination Paradox and what remains to be seen is exactly how things play out. For one thing, isn't this the wrong Doctor going to the lake (the one shot was 200 years older)? Or did the correct Doctor deliberately misstate his age in the premiere?

yawn.gif

Wake me up when this show does something different other than repeatedly recycle enemies and threats of the Doctor's impending demise.

Tropicana

Council Member
I enjoyed this episode very much, it was fun, quirky. Something u got from earlier seasons.

I am also a bit confused with supposedly this young Doctor going to die when it was claimed it won't happen til a few hundred years later (in his timeline).