S06E04 - "The Doctor's Wife" (S32E04)

Tropicana

Council Member
604.png

Synopsis:

In the hope of finding another Time Lord the Doctor responds to a distress signal. The Doctor, Amy and Rory are given the warmest of welcomes by Auntie, Uncle and Nephew. But the beautiful and insane Idris greets them in a more unusual fashion – what is she trying to tell the Doctor?

Preview:

[video=youtube;6db-JgoJqZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6db-JgoJqZk

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 14 May 2011, 6:30PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 14 May 2011, 9PM/8PM Central
CAN: Space, Saturday 14 May 2011, 8PM/7PM Central
AUS: ABC 1, Saturday 21 May 2011, 7:30PM

Tropicana

Council Member
This episode was such a cracker and hauntingly creepy with that weird entity. Nice play on the meaning of the episode title I thought as well.

I did feel sad at the end scene, it reminded me of the Doctor Who Christmas Special, "Voyage of the Damned". I definitely felt the Doctor's heart break as I clutched the seat cushion harder, but thankfully it doesn't end in sadness.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This episode was such a cracker and hauntingly creepy with that weird entity. Nice play on the meaning of the episode title I thought as well.

I did feel sad at the end scene, it reminded me of the Doctor Who Christmas Special, "Voyage of the Damned". I definitely felt the Doctor's heart break as I clutched the seat cushion harder, but thankfully it doesn't end in sadness.

It was a very nice and rather odd Doctor Who. I liked the whole notion of exploring what the Tardis might act like if it were humanoid. Also we again got exploration of the bonds between Amy and Rory - that seems to be a theme this season.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
hahaha! That was an awesome episode. Very eccentric but, I love the setting! The mind game segment was fantastic.Nice to see more of the tardis too...

next week looks great!

Tropicana

Council Member
I love how they dug up the previous Tardis' control room. That was so cool and brought back happy memories. :D

Idris/Sexy was so graceful, just what I expected from the soul of the Tardis.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Yeh this was a great episode, so far I've thought this series has been brilliant.

Next week's episode doesn't look all that interesting though :(. I'm not really a fan of the two parters that don't actually tie into overarching plot.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I have one nitpick. River Song confirmed that the Tardis's "woosh" sound was a result of leaving on the "parking break", which she disengaged in one episode and the noise disappeared. Why would that makeshift Tardis they assembled from spare parts make the same noise right from the start? :rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have one nitpick. River Song confirmed that the Tardis's "woosh" sound was a result of leaving on the "parking break", which she disengaged in one episode and the noise disappeared. Why would that makeshift Tardis they assembled from spare parts make the same noise right from the start? :rolleyes:

The Doctor either put it back on or the Tardis did, knowing the doctor liked it that way.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
By far my favourite episode of this season. lol most of the doctor/tardis moments were hilarious. Neil Gaiman is awesome.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Thumbs up from me this week. I'd never really thought about the need for bedrooms aboard the Tardis before. Bunk beds for Amy and Rory? :icon_lol: