S06E02 - "Day Of The Moon" (S32E02)

Tropicana

Council Member
602.png

Synopsis:

The second episode of a two-parter, the FBI are looking for River Song, Rory and Amy. The world has been occupied by aliens and they can trust no one. The Doctor is also trapped.

Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os1ELl7W3jI

Airdates:

UK: BBC One, Saturday 30 April 2011, 6PM
US: BBC America, Saturday 30 April 2011, 9PM/8PM Central
CAN: Space, Saturday 30 April 2011, 8PM/7PM Central
AUS: ABC 1, Saturday 07 May 2011, 7:30PM

Official DW Page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b010y5l3

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Thought this episode was pretty awesome. Moffat is either a genius or this storyline is going to flop hard - it's clear that he's got a big arc in mind that was running throughout the whole of the last series as well.

I think I'm going to be gutted at the decision to have a mid-series break at episode 7.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Well that ending really has me interested in who or what the girl is. At first I thought she was Amy's daughter but then she regenerated and it looks like she's some kind of Gallifreyan but then how would she have been able to survive the Time War...
Too many questions!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This obviously is setup as a season long arc. Really well done, excellent character work and pacing too. Questions include:

1) Who is the girl? Also note that when the Doctor scanned Amy it kept blinking back and forth between pregnant / not pregnant. Plus it looks like she just regenerated.

2) Does she kill the Doctor? Also, is that OUR Doctor?

3) Have we really seen the last of the silents? Side note: the way the Doctor dealt with them was very clever - he basically turned their post hypnotic suggestion power back on them.

4) Where exactly on the River Song timeline are we?

I am starting to think we are building up to some type of parallel universes plot, and that there are 2 Doctors and 2 Amy's running around our universe now.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Fantastic episode! I just can't wait for next week! and yes I agree joelist we could see a parallel universe plot here.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep.

I'm starting to think that back at the end of last season (The Big Bang) that the exploding universe caused a version of the Doctor and Amy to pop in from another universe, where they had married (no Rory or River in that one) and Amy was expecting their child. Hence the daughter of Amy and the incongruity of the two seemingly different Doctors (there has to be a reason also that he does not remember kissing River when she expected him to).

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yep.

I'm starting to think that back at the end of last season (The Big Bang) that the exploding universe caused a version of the Doctor and Amy to pop in from another universe, where they had married (no Rory or River in that one) and Amy was expecting their child. Hence the daughter of Amy and the incongruity of the two seemingly different Doctors (there has to be a reason also that he does not remember kissing River when she expected him to).

Interesting :)...

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Nice episode, the doctor had a kid? Only qualm I had besides the obvious cliffhangers (which is a good thing) is the Amy and Rory love friction thing.

No offence to anyone, but I find River to be slightly annoying sometimes.

The daughter might be Amy's and the doctors? Or River's and Doctor's? Can't wait for the next episode.

Tropicana

Council Member
I gotta say, now that I think back to the first 2 episodes -- how awesome Mark Sheppard was. He was simply cool and added a level of mystery that helped made the episodes that insanely fantastic.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Nice episode, the doctor had a kid? Only qualm I had besides the obvious cliffhangers (which is a good thing) is the Amy and Rory love friction thing.

No offence to anyone, but I find River to be slightly annoying sometimes.

The daughter might be Amy's and the doctors? Or River's and Doctor's? Can't wait for the next episode.

One nice thing is that the episode made it crystal clear that Amy and Rory is not "love friction". Yes she uses terms like "idiot" but it is clear (and Rory knows) that they are affectionately spoken (no malice, kind of like a private language). They obviously love each other and play well off of each other.