S04E09 - Miracle Day: "The Gathering"

Tropicana

Council Member
1222.png

Synopsis:

As The Three Families plunge the world into a recession, the Torchwood team - defeated, powerless, hunted - must strike a bargain with the devil himself.

Preview:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkr463_torchwood-miracle-day-1-09-the-gathering-starz-trailer_shortfilms

Airdates:

US: Starz Channel, Friday 02 September 2011, 10PM ET
CAN: Space Channel, Saturday 03 September, 9:10PM ET
UK: BBC One, Thursday 08 September 2011, 9PM

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I broke down and watched it. Now I wish I hadn't.

Basically this thing on Starz is not Torchwood. It suffers from poor pacing, sketchy characters and bad plotting - the whole notion that Jack's blood can confer his fixed point status on other people is totally ludicrous (as is his suddenly becoming mortal). The writers should have gone back and watched "Parting of the Ways" and "Utopia" first - Rose caused Jack to become a fixed point in time when she undid his extermination using the Time Vortex. Jack (and only Jack) is the fixed point here.

About the only thing good to come out of this fiasco is getting Eve Myles more exposure. She is a good actress.

I may not have really liked the BBC Torchwood, but to me they would have been far better off filming a new series using the BBC crew in Britain staying true to the original series. Then at least it would have had the right feel and the characters would have been consistent.

Tropicana

Council Member
I broke down and watched it. Now I wish I hadn't.

Basically this thing on Starz is not Torchwood. It suffers from poor pacing, sketchy characters and bad plotting - the whole notion that Jack's blood can confer his fixed point status on other people is totally ludicrous (as is his suddenly becoming mortal). The writers should have gone back and watched "Parting of the Ways" and "Utopia" first - Rose caused Jack to become a fixed point in time when she undid his extermination using the Time Vortex. Jack (and only Jack) is the fixed point here.

About the only thing good to come out of this fiasco is getting Eve Myles more exposure. She is a good actress.

I may not have really liked the BBC Torchwood, but to me they would have been far better off filming a new series using the BBC crew in Britain staying true to the original series. Then at least it would have had the right feel and the characters would have been consistent.
I absolutely agree with u here.

TW should have remained in BBC Wales' hands, not Starz. I can only hope the final episode explains everything.