S04E06 - Miracle Day: "The Middle Men"

Tropicana

Council Member
1222.png

Synopsis:

With Gwen, Rex and Esther trapped on both sides of the Atlantic, it's a race against time as Jack goes straight to the heart of the conspiracy.

Preview:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xke2vn_torchwood-miracle-day-1-06-the-middle-men-trailer_shortfilms

Airdates:

US: Starz Channel, Friday 12 August 2011, 10PM ET
CAN: Space Channel, Saturday 13 August 2011, 9:10PM ET
UK: BBC One, Thursday 18 August 2011, 9PM

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'll bet it's another hour long episode of finding out nothing.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of the whole Ozwald Dane thing and I'd like to know what the deal is with Jilly. Since they're stretching out the payoff here it really needs to be big when they do the reveal of who is behind all this and what their motivation is. If it's just to get Phicorp a giant profit then that will be rather lame.

And again, this "season" has become too serialized. The could have done a story arc with Phicorp over the ten episodes but at the same time they could have done some stand alone episodes, or at least make them feel more complete. They took a gamble going the serialized route and I'm not loving it. I'm sure I'm not alone here.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
I'm also getting tired of the pointlessly drawn out reveal... I mean it's almost as bad as SGU's pace. Oh, and what's with everyone shooting guns in every episode? Granted it's taken on a more US flavour, but do we really need to be constantly reminded of their love affair with shooting firearms in every blasted episode?

Tropicana

Council Member
I too am tired of this. The explanations are drawn out, the episodes are filled with fillers that at the end don't really improve nor advance the storyline. Thank god there's only 3 more episodes after this episode.

Hopefully next year, it's back to the default 13 episodes with stand alone stories with a mini-story arc in between produced in BBC Wales.

Tropicana

Council Member
I'm really surprised how small the "Shanghai" scene was compared to the rest of the episode. But at least I knew (after seeing ur initial pics), how it was shot and stuff, so thanks again, Illiterati.

I enjoyed this episode and I found myself rooting for Esther. I was like, "Kill that sick son of the bitch!" Cos I got so into it, I found myself so angry at such a hateful hateful man. Also, I would like to know how the bad guys were able to tap into the Eye-5 contact lens.

Oh yes, Gwen always had the best scenes, the bit where she uses the explosive charges - very cool! :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
well i for one have lost intrest and ive stopped watching :( i havnt seen the last 2 or so eps andi most likly wont bother.

Tropicana

Council Member
I can understand why. I'm looking forward to next week's ep for it seems definite we will get to find out who is behind the miracle.

Also for those that watched this episode, you know the scene where Gwen picks up the phone, the guy goes, "Lens", I would have laughed so hard if Gwen replied with,

"Yeah? What about them? Well I left them at the counter, I forgotten them!"

The guy would probably reply with a, "Stop kidding around Gwen" with Gwen replying,

"No seriously, I left them at home like an eejit!"

The guy would probably have lost his mysterious cool then, knowing his lens surprise was ruined.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ok, two episodes all about the ovens and still no progress whatsoever. Bla bla bla government conspiracy bla bla incinerating category one. All soapbox and hardly any substance.

I think I'm gonna shelve this series.

Lesson learned, I guess. Hand over a successful foreign series to Hollywood and watch them turn into a pile of feces.

Tropicana

Council Member
Ok, two episodes all about the ovens and still no progress whatsoever. Bla bla bla government conspiracy bla bla incinerating category one. All soapbox and hardly any substance.

I think I'm gonna shelve this series.

Lesson learned, I guess. Hand over a successful foreign series to Hollywood and watch them turn into a pile of feces.
LOL. So true, that is why I'm really hoping that it returns to BBC Wales; here's to hoping.

Anyway, there's only 4 episodes left in this series anyway, which for some is a blessing. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tried to watch this and it put me to sleep.

I didn't really like the British Torchwood but this thing makes it look sublime. All the "britishness" is gone and the storyline is absolute naff. John Barrowman comes across as a non-entity in this one (in the original I disliked his character but at least he had real presence). The only one so far who is watchable is Gwen.

As to future seasons don't get your hopes up. The ratings on both sides of the pond have fallen short of expectations, and Torchwood was pretty much gone for good after Children of Earth but Starz money resurrected it. With the tiny ratings I'll bet they wished they hadn't.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'm still enjoying this although I think 10 episodes was probably 2-3 too many. I love that they kept with the serialized aspect (as with Children of Earth) since they can really delve into the impact of these big sci-fi events. However unlike COE they haven't managed to keep up the intensity and drive in every episode, which has led to a rather slow and meandering story in these last two episodes.

I still think COE and Miracle Day have been far more engaging than the first two series though. I wasn't a massive fan of the show back then. As for the 'not being British' thing; yep I totally agree. I would kind of argue that Children of Earth served as a finale of sorts to the Torchwood of old, it had to do something new with the entire fabric of the show being killed at the end of that series.

Quite why the BBC let a top rated show (COE did insanely well) get away is baffling though. I read somewhere that it was purely because Russel T Davies had moved out to America and they were fine sharing production (i.e. they still get it but don't have to foot all the bill PLUS the show has a larger budget, must have seemed a win-win).

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
YOSHI!!!!

you survived the outback :P

Yeh I did, sorry I haven't posted on here in ages. After Australia I headed out to America (which due timing of bookings I ended up flying back to England, stayed there for 2 days then flew again - jetlag central) so I've been extremely busy. Had a brilliant time though.

I have developed a habit of avoiding the computer whenever possible and being outside literally any time it's sort of sunny though. Explains why I haven't posted since I've been back :icon_lol:.