S04E05 - Miracle Day: "The Categories Of Life"

Tropicana

Council Member
1222.png

Synopsis:

Torchwood goes undercover and discovers the terrible truth behind the Miracle. The enemy is closing in, and death is about to make a shocking return.

Preview:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk8hjs_torchwood-miracle-day-1-05-categories-of-life-trailer-teaser_shortfilms

Airdates:

US: Starz Channel, Friday 05 August 2011, 10PM ET
CAN: Space Channel, Saturday 06 August 2011, 9:10PM ET
UK: BBC One, Thursday 11 August 2011, 9PM

Tropicana

Council Member
I suppose we got some answers.

But why are they b_ _ _ _ ing CAT1 patients? Won't the remains form back again? Or won't the particles reanimate itself? It doesn't get rid of the "overflow" problem? Unless someone or something will consume the subsequent air.

I want aliens to be the root cause, but something tells me this story is about a greedy pharmaceutical company that ruined the human race forever in the name of profit. I can't believe Vera. Poor girl. That leader of the San Pedro Overflow Camp, deserves to die. REVENGE!!!!!

I kinda enjoy the bubbliness of Esther when she gave Jack a peck on his cheek, it was so sweet.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
What happened was horrific, but my kid and I pretty much figured out that was what was going to happen.

At least there's evidence now of what's going on, providing it can be taken to the right folks for dissemination.

And yes "I only get a kiss?" had me rolling -- nearly as much as what he said when Rex was taken...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I think the problem with this "season" of Torchwood is that it's serialized and not episodic in the least. We don't get any aliens of the week type of thing like they used to do. It's lost some of the fun in that regard. Plus I'm super pissed about Vera. I'm holding out that there's some sort of "fix" they can do there. I generally don't mind violence if done right but what they did with Vera was too much. I will hold out hope though that they will rectify it.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I think the problem with this "season" of Torchwood is that it's serialized and not episodic in the least. We don't get any aliens of the week type of thing like they used to do. It's lost some of the fun in that regard.

It's true that this season is much more serialized than past ones, however I don't think that the show is worse because of it. I've been away so I just watch the last three episodes and I found them all to be great. However with the show being so serialized , I can understand that watching just one episode of Miracle Day just isn't as enjoyable as the stand alone episodes like "Countrycide", that Torchwood used to have. It's not a difference in quality, it's just that serialized shows become so much more enjoyable when you watch several episodes in a row.

Also, the ending was chilling. Seriously chilling. Poor Vera, I'm gonna miss her. Also, that creep must be... errr... well since they can't kill anyone I hope that he'll be seriously mamed and then of course end up as Category 1 and be incinerated.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Of course, if (and when) they are able to show the world at large what has happened, it's going to have a huge effect on the people who have blindly gone along with what TPTB have declared. If Vera had not been in there, it would not necessarily have been as horrific, as everyone else in that chamber was heavily sedated, so they may not have been aware of what was happening to them. SHE will end up being the face of what Ficor and world governments are trying to do behind closed doors.

Tropicana

Council Member
Let's hope. The way Vera "died" was just horrific, begging for help and the ******** just threw her in with CAT1 patients.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Let's hope. The way Vera "died" was just horrific, begging for help and the ******** just threw her in with CAT1 patients.
I hated him (the characters he plays, not the actor) when I used to watch CSI, and that opinion hasn't changed.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I hope we don't go another 5 episodes without a clue as to what's going on. We've gone 5 episodes and all we learned is that PhiCorp had foreknowledge of this event and that now they torch category 1 patients.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I suppose we got some answers.

But why are they b_ _ _ _ ing CAT1 patients? Won't the remains form back again? Or won't the particles reanimate itself? It doesn't get rid of the "overflow" problem? Unless someone or something will consume the subsequent air.

I want aliens to be the root cause, but something tells me this story is about a greedy pharmaceutical company that ruined the human race forever in the name of profit. I can't believe Vera. Poor girl. That leader of the San Pedro Overflow Camp, deserves to die. REVENGE!!!!!

I kinda enjoy the bubbliness of Esther when she gave Jack a peck on his cheek, it was so sweet.

I was under the impression that they actually don't heal. Whatever damage they incur is permanent, although that was contradicted today when the CIA dude said he was healing.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I was under the impression that they actually don't heal. Whatever damage they incur is permanent, although that was contradicted today when the CIA dude said he was healing.
The point is, the damage that can heal under normal condition will heal. But other stuff, like head cut off from body etc, broken bones, that will definetely not heal.
This episode was horryfying though.