S04E03 - Miracle Day: "Dead Of Night"

Tropicana

Council Member
1222.png

Synopsis:

Torchwood goes on the run and finds a new enemy, but as they launch a raid on PhiCorp headquarters, Jack must confront the mysterious Oswald Danes.

Preview:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk01wm_torchwood-miracle-day-1-03-dead-of-night-trailer_shortfilms

Airdates:

US: Starz Channel, Friday 22 July 2011, 10PM ET
CAN: Space Channel, Saturday 23 July 2011, 9:10PM ET
UK: BBC One, Thursday 29 July 2011, 9PM

Tropicana

Council Member
Wow the guy that Jack hooked up with is cute. Nice bubble butt. ;)

I really enjoyed the middle segment when Jack and Gwen talked heart-to-heart, did Jack regret not being with Gwen?? I wish Ianto was still alive - cos if he were here, he wouldn't need the cutie guy to hook up with.

vlcsnap-2011-07-23-16h41m47s36a.png

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I found this episode to be boring in fact this whole series its nothing like the torchwood from season 1-3

There is very little sci-fi I have seen and I don't like some of the acting by that Rex looks fake to me. Sounds like to me they are focusing more on drama rather than Sci-Fi in this series so far. Also, the plot and character development seems to be moving rather slowly. Not really impressed so far tbh.

Tropicana

Council Member
In terms of pacing, I agree. 3 episodes in and we still have yet to get any real answers. I prefer TW S1-3 more so than this current series/season. It doesn't feel like TW that we started off with, I remember cracker episodes like, "Day One", "Countrycide", "Captain Jack Harkness", "To The Last Man", "Something Borrowed" (my personal favourite), "Adrift", "From Out Of The Rain".

I miss the earlier TW.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
i still like this tho even if its a little slow paced and more drama-ish but it feels better ie like it has more budget and i hope we get some action in the coming eps.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Liked this episode better than the last one, especially the puns in the beginning on the US/UK thing and the character interaction overall didn't feel as dull as in the previous one imo.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Unfortunately it never really does get going. This whole Torchwood series would be better off forgotten.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
Unfortunately it never really does get going. This whole Torchwood series would be better off forgotten.
That's sad really. But hey it can't be worse than SGU at times can it? I am still planning to watch the rest, just for the sake of it even though I know I will be disapointed. They really need to get back to the more episodic feel of Torchwood instead of these stretched out "movies". At least there are the radio ones, but that's only sound and not on screen.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I'd rather they do Children of Earth style miniseries. If this season had been two 5 part stories it could have been amazing.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not even sure that would have worked Yoshi. The underlying plot was just too weak and illogical. Add in the characterization issues (like none of the characters except Gwen being able to evoke any attachment) and the series probably should not have been greenlit with this storyline.

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I'm not really fan of Children of Earth though. The final episode saddened me deeply too and that's not usual for tv show to do that for me. If I was on Jack's place I would have never sacrificed my grandson or family relative, even for saving a planet, especially when he did not know what was going to happen and there was a buildup between trust of Jack and his grandson before and it just went to void at that moment and really, what a dreadful ending. Jack had sure feeling of guilt later on and understanding one, that he disappeared like that. But still..I can't say I really liked that series.
The whole "children of earth" series just made me feel dreadful. Call me soft, but still...