Roddy McDowell- the scifi King?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Just finished the Fantastic Journey and am now watching the mioni series Martian Chronicles and am wondering if there was a scifi tv/show or movie without Roddy McDowell in the 70's. From the Planet of the Apes movies (4 of them) to the tv series, Roddy was there. Now both the short-lived Fantastic Journey and Martian Chronicles have him.

Any other sightings?

Not scifi but he was in Fright Night and FN2. I really loved the guy's work ethic. Sure he was in some dogs but he always brought his full game to the gig as an actor. I liked him a lot. :beckett_new049:

*I'm sure he appeared on The Love Boat at some point. Everyone and their brother appeared on that show back in the 70's so I'll forgive him for that. :anim_59:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not scifi but he was in Fright Night and FN2. I really loved the guy's work ethic. Sure he was in some dogs but he always brought his full game to the gig as an actor. I liked him a lot. :beckett_new049:

*I'm sure he appeared on The Love Boat at some point. Everyone and their brother appeared on that show back in the 70's so I'll forgive him for that. :anim_59:

Any actor that can make me like a character played by somebody in a monkey suit is one helluva thespian in my book. He did better in the short lived Planet of the Apes TV series than he did in the PotA movies.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Do not get me wrong....have always loved Roddy McDowell, just curious about how many scifi movies/shows he did!

Do not get me wrong....have always loved Roddy McDowell, just curious about how many scifi movies/shows he did!

Looking at his IMDB profile it's hard to filter out the scifi verses everything else. He worked in many genres including animation (cartoons like Batman, etc.). He had an unmistakable voice that was perfect for cartoon work.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Roddy Macdowell was also a professional photographer and was also one of the biggest men in Hoolywierd along with Milton Berle

;)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Just finished the Fantastic Journey and am now watching the mioni series Martian Chronicles and am wondering if there was a scifi tv/show or movie without Roddy McDowell in the 70's. From the Planet of the Apes movies (4 of them) to the tv series, Roddy was there. Now both the short-lived Fantastic Journey and Martian Chronicles have him.

Any other sightings?
i was going through some YT suggestions on old shows

saw where Roddy played the devil on FANTASY ISLAND---- I do not remember that at all-- never remembered FI being dark, in the least

THE DEVIL AND MANDY BREEM the ep was called

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Roddy McDowell was a fine actor and like Ricardo Montalban never mailed it in - deserve respect.