Resident Evil Afterlife

• Thread starter Robbie_Rocket_Pants
  • Start date
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Not strictly a sci-fi movie but there are some elements that could fit the genre in there so here you go. I am off to see it in a few minutes and will report back later on how good/bad it is. I am sure that it will be the best movie in a long time and seeing Mila Jovovich's nipples pop out in 3D should be a sight to relish :D

It's defo sci fi, no doubt about it.............. & Milla Jovovich, god damn!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Where do I start?
How about it's the sgu of movies ? yep afraid to say it sucks big floppy donkey cock.
I know that it is the 4th installment but the plot was tired and just more of the same old stuff and actually dragged for about half an hour in the middle.
The effects in 3D did not seem any better than they did 10 years ago and to be honest the 3D parts looked like they had been stuck into the film for the sake of having them in there. They consisted mostly of zombie brains, bullets and bits of blown up buildings flying out of the screen at you and the film actually slows down a bit as if to emphasise that you should be seeing an effect at that point.
So, in conclusion, don't waste your money on this film unless you are an sgu fan.

Might give Mega Pirhana a go next week just for a laugh now that I have bought the 3D glasses.

Thanks for the heads-up mate, (all style no substance?) It looked a bit too synthetic from the trailer with all of the OTT CGI. I guess I'll be watching it for cough "free" cough.

3D glasses.................. Didn't they used to give those away in the late 80's/early 90's with corn flakes or something? That said we made them in primary school. :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You have to buy the glasses at the Odeon cinema. Not sure if others do the same.

I couldn't too soft, brown squishies about 3D glasses, if the film is shit it will be just as shit with the soft, brown squishies coming at you airborne. :icon_e_wink:

S

Stonelesscutter

Brown squishies???
What the freak does that mean?
I hope not what I think it does :)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Okay I've just seen it & now it's becoming apparent that they are just churning these films out in a formulaic fashion & left this one open for yet another sequel. It was slow all the way through with no plot development until near the end. One thing I didn't quite understand was at the start:-

was that version of Alice who was injected with that anti-serum the original copy & if so, after she survive were her powers gone & was that her throughout the entire movie?

S

Stonelesscutter

Damn that sucks!
I just watched Barbarella last night and even back then there were nipples to be seen, whole breasts even. :D

thisithis

GateFans Noob
You know I could have told you that this movie was shit, if I had only got here sooner. It's one of those movie that's going to be shit just by looking at the trailer alone. I gave up on "Resident Evil" movies after part 2. Man, I'm sick of bad 3D movies. Just look at Last "Air Bender", and soon the be released "Green Hornet". They can't even keep a test audience in the theater. Besides it's going to star "Seth Rogen", that right there says why this one is stay the fuck away from this shit. I like "Seth Rogen" doing comedy, but when doing Superhero films, that's where I drew the line.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Rogenhttp://forums.sgusucks.com/showthread.php?604-Resident-Evil-Afterlife