Renewal and Cancellation News - 2023 (from October 2022)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's all hard to predict especially in this era of small seasons and multiyear renewals.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I guess Apple likes wasting money.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I guess Apple likes wasting money.
I want to thank you for your comments about the movie in the other thread! The Foundation series is one of my all-time favorites, and I would feel pain and trauma watching them twist and distort it (not really, but you get the idea!). I felt similarly about Childhood's End until I read reviews, and when I watched it I was satisfied that they were true to the novel. This one is not honoring the source material from what I am hearing. I am going to skip it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
To say it is not honoring is to understate it. Really the only thing it has in common is the name Foundation and some character names. Nothing else even resembles the trilogy.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
To say it is not honoring is to understate it. Really the only thing it has in common is the name Foundation and some character names. Nothing else even resembles the trilogy.
Yeah, I gathered as much from your comments and a few others from longtime fans. All are saying it's nothing much like the story and that the characters have changed (appearance notwithstanding). I think it might make me a little pissed off. Not going to bother!

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
No news on Orville season 4 yet. There was a talk between adrianne palicki on a podcast. She and scott Grimes have also divorced so it would seem awkward both of them being on set together.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
No news on Orville season 4 yet. There was a talk between adrianne palicki on a podcast. She and scott Grimes have also divorced so it would seem awkward both of them being on set together.
Yeah, I am thinking that if it gets renewed, that Adrienne (Kelly) might not be on the show. They could write her off-ship, and leave room for cameo appearances like they did for Alara.