OMG.. The SG-1 travel Stargate Is Up For Sale! (Does not include the DHD)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Calling Bullshit on the movies!

I don't quite understand why this makes me so incredibly sad, but in case you haven't seen or heard...

http://stargateartifacts.com/2010/08/16/announcing-the-first-stargate-live-auction/

There's also an Asgard for sale.. *sniff*

It's like they probated the will and none of the family wanted to preserve the truly precious memories of the departed. They relegated them to a mercenary to liquidate!

This is why I never beleived either of the movies were seriously planned...they have been selling props on eBay for weeks (the lovely stained glass windows from atlantis were among the first to go) ...it's like your loved one was murdered and now the murderers are selling off the body parts! :(

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
The evidence is clear, and yet people still don't want to believe.

I fart in Joe Mallozzi's general direction.

I'll tell Major Davis to ask JM on his blog about this, that'll be interesting :)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Ooo, I wonder how much it'll go for. Although I don't believe the movies will happen, I don't think the selling of the props would make a difference if the movie was made. They can easily just make 2 new stargates with the money they made selling 1.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This was obvious when they started auctioning off the other stuff from Atlantis.

This is why I never beleived either of the movies were seriously planned...they have been selling props on eBay for weeks (the lovely stained glass windows from atlantis were among the first to go) ...it's like your loved one was murdered and now the murderers are selling off the body parts! :(

I agree with what you said. I never thought the movies were ever going to happen. I believe that J Mozz and Co probably did write scripts for the movies, but that the studios and Syfy arent behind them in support. They are auctioning off those sets because they arent going to make any movies. Not for SG-1 OR Atlantis. :cool:

The good thing is that it means they cant mess up all of our characters! :icon_razz:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Death of the franchise

Well that's it then, the death of the franchise. Of the 2 potential movies, SG-1 was the favourite over SGA so now the franchise will die but probably be rebooted a few years down the line. I doubt it very much that SGPOO will get the movie that Mallozzi so badly wants, if the show gets cancelled, who with any business acumen will want to fund it? Nobody! That's who.

The gate may be for sale but I don't think I'd have anywhere big enough to put it :( What I want to know though is does it spin? :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Looks pretty stationary from the pics. :P Someone (can't recall where) said they wanted it for their garden. I had sudden visions of ivy, or night jasmine trailing up either side of a sleeping Stargate.

I certainly understand if the cost of storage would exceed that of remaking the items for any movie or resurrection of a series -- especially if production of either is not currently slated for the foreseeable future. It only makes economic sense. (Well, that and the sale proceeds could be used to buy out various SGU participants' contracts..)

I'm hoping some philanthropic, sci-fi cazillionaire will buy the thing and donate it to the Smithsonian. Now there would be a worthy resting place. :)

I could see that now... the stargate is the entrance to the air and space museum! :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yep.. :D Can't remember the episode's title, but it would be reminicient of the one where Cam, Vala, et al come through the gate and find it is a display in an off-world museum.. Life imitating art -- or some such..
I know the ep! It would be great! :D but instead it will end up in someone's back yard covered with vines and then in fifty years....

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I heard the ship they used for Star Trek is in the gift shop of the smithsonian

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I read an article about that!

I just read an article talking about that last week. Im a HUGE Star Trek fan. Its actually my favorite franchise. Here is a picture of that ship in the gift shop:

enterprise.jpg

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I just read an article talking about that last week. Im a HUGE Star Trek fan. Its actually my favorite franchise. Here is a picture of that ship in the gift shop:

View attachment 699

That is a realy large scale model. I wonder how many hours of work went into it?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

they also have the brigdge and transporter room sets as well as a number of costumes and props. I never realized just how cheesey the klingon costumes were. :eek: it was nice to see trek immortalized in the smithsonian. ;)

One of the coolest things in the air and space museum are the russian and US capsules that docked in space in the late 70's...totally cool to see! ;)

Will

GateFans Noob
It's just a money making scheme

Thing is, the amount they'll get for these SG1 props likely far, far exceeds the costs if remaking them if they ever had to. And right now they need cash to prop up the failing, cash-guzzling SGU... coincidence?

Of course one would think there would be some element of sentimental value to them of these props from the "good old days"...

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I really hope some crazy philanthropist SG1 fan offers a huge amount on the condition the money never goes to SGU :)

S

Stonelesscutter

A gate in the backyard would be awesome... alas I have no money.

I too at first didn't like that they were selling of all sorts of stargate artifacts.
But just because they're selling all the stuff doesn't mean they can't or won't make more stargate.
Since the show originally aired it developed and they were using more and more cgi to get the job done.
It wouldn't be hard to cgi a gate or an asgard where neccesary.

deco

GateFans Noob
Yep.. :D Can't remember the episode's title, but it would be reminicient of the one where Cam, Vala, et al come through the gate and find it is a display in an off-world museum.. Life imitating art -- or some such..

the episode is bad guys

now i knew it there arent be any movie for sg-1 or atlantis becuse of the changing the sgc set to icarus base only to use it 1 time only it was pathetic and sad :(